Player Nicknames

canonfaz

• 1 month later...

Evidently Rickard's teamates call him "James Dean" (per Roch's blog this morning). First I've heard that one.

A young player referred to as “James Dean” by teammates wasn’t just acting like a major leaguer.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/06/notes-on-pending-bullpen-move-and-rickard.html

Edited by canonfaz

Roch has picked up on hitting machine.

Obviously Iron Man isn't an option.

The Sun mentioned Iron man, back when he was signed, obviously that wouldnt sit well with the fans, if they used that here:

He has been called Korea’s Iron Man for appearing in most games in each of his nine-plus seasons with the Bears.

First things first... The Baltimorons podcast does a nickname episode every year and it is exceptional every time. (Though nothing is a great as their Weird Al style remake of Shake it Off in Dan Duquette's impersonated voice - "Put it Off"... during the Toronto rumors. The implication was that he was putting off making any moves since he might be traded to the Jays. Seriously, find this on the podcast on iTunes... from about 18 months ago.)

Okay, here we go...

It's "The DOD", not just DOD. The Department of Defense is perfect.

Dr. Jones in lieu of Mr. Jones... I know, Counting Crows and all of that... but there isn't much better than seeing Jones on 1B and someone hits a gapper to right-center and you yell out, "No time for love Dr. Jones!"

Gausman will always be Donuts.

In my house we call J.J. - "Jedediah Jeremiah"... Only because one night we were talking about what J.J. might stand for (without googling first) and this was the winner. Very fun to say out loud. :)

I know he's been gone for a long time now, but my favorite was always Nathaniel McLouthorne. (also homemade)

I like calling Manny "Mas Macho".

Can we call Kim "Barbecue" since he's always roasting line drives? And, you know, Korean Barbecue. Better than Kim Chi which means nothing.

Trumbo = Jumbo

Since 2012 my nickname for Davis has been "Is there nothing Chris Davis cannot do?!?!?"... I admit it is just a little long, but I find myself yelling it all the time. :)

Gallardo = YoGa

Ubaldomore (even though he doesn't deserve it)

"BRADBRACH!" - in a squawking bird voice.

First things first... The Baltimorons podcast does a nickname episode every year and it is exceptional every time. (Though nothing is a great as their Weird Al style remake of Shake it Off in Dan Duquette's impersonated voice - "Put it Off"... during the Toronto rumors. The implication was that he was putting off making any moves since he might be traded to the Jays. Seriously, find this on the podcast on iTunes... from about 18 months ago.)

Okay, here we go...

It's "The DOD", not just DOD. The Department of Defense is perfect.

Dr. Jones in lieu of Mr. Jones... I know, Counting Crows and all of that... but there isn't much better than seeing Jones on 1B and someone hits a gapper to right-center and you yell out, "No time for love Dr. Jones!"

Gausman will always be Donuts.

In my house we call J.J. - "Jedediah Jeremiah"... Only because one night we were talking about what J.J. might stand for (without googling first) and this was the winner. Very fun to say out loud. :)

I know he's been gone for a long time now, but my favorite was always Nathaniel McLouthorne. (also homemade)

I like calling Manny "Mas Macho".

Can we call Kim "Barbecue" since he's always roasting line drives? And, you know, Korean Barbecue. Better than Kim Chi which means nothing.

Trumbo = Jumbo

Since 2012 my nickname for Davis has been "Is there nothing Chris Davis cannot do?!?!?"... I admit it is just a little long, but I find myself yelling it all the time. :)

Gallardo = YoGa

Ubaldomore (even though he doesn't deserve it)

"BRADBRACH!" - in a squawking bird voice.

I like Donuts for Gausman. But you have to say it like Do-NUTS.

Hardy is "JAY... JAY... Hardeeee" the way the OPACY PA guy announces it.

Drake is "The Drake", obviously.

Need something good for Bundy, Givens, and Despaigne. I've got nothing at the moment.

I like Donuts for Gausman. But you have to say it like Do-NUTS.

Hardy is "JAY... JAY... Hardeeee" the way the OPACY PA guy announces it.

Drake is "The Drake", obviously.

Need something good for Bundy, Givens, and Despaigne. I've got nothing at the moment.

Givens is a unicorn.