Brandon Tripp

bluedog

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got back from the Keys day game today, (5/7). Tripps home runs were opposite field line drive shots, both were impressive.

Absolutely perfect weather day for baseball and I ended up sitting five rows behind the plate for free. A nice older gentleman gave me two free tickets before the game.

Nolan is 24, 25 in October. If he hits, no one cares how old he is...period. He has the tools, he just needs health which will allow him the experience to control the zone. His k's are down and the BB's are up. When the weather heats up, I believe Big Nole will take off and head to Norfolk by early July. I think Nolan still has a great shot of being a ML regular.

Nolan Reimold may end up with a good major league career. But if he's 26 before he gets a real shot at a full-time job the odds are quite long against him. I'm concerned that the O's think he needed to start this year at Bowie. If he's not in AAA by midyear I'll be more concerned.

I know every player ages differently, but if you're not good enough to play in the majors until you're 26 you probably won't stay for long. His best hope is something like a Luke Scott kind of career.

Nolan Reimold may end up with a good major league career. But if he's 26 before he gets a real shot at a full-time job the odds are quite long against him. I'm concerned that the O's think he needed to start this year at Bowie. If he's not in AAA by midyear I'll be more concerned.

I know every player ages differently, but if you're not good enough to play in the majors until you're 26 you probably won't stay for long. His best hope is something like a Luke Scott kind of career.

I'd take Luke Scott, to be sure.

i was at the Keys game last night and Tripp absolutely smoked a ball about 430 to dead center over that tall wall. he looked really impressive, but swings at a lot of pitches.

they announced it at 443 but it was a complete SHOT

Seems like Tripp is starting to look like the real thing. Hopefully we can push Reimold up to AAA in the middle of this season and see if Tripp can handle Bowie.

Tripp is only 22 years old and after posting a .900+ OPS last year, he's working his way back to that level again this year, except one rung higher up the farm system.

If he does get a promotion to Bowie this season and maintains this level of performance there, I'd think we'd have to start thinking of him as a possible starting outfielder for the O's sometime in 09 / 10.

Tripp is only 22 years old and after posting a .900+ OPS last year, he's working his way back to that level again this year, except one rung higher up the farm system.

If he does get a promotion to Bowie this season and maintains this level of performance there, I'd think we'd have to start thinking of him as a possible starting outfielder for the O's sometime in 09 / 10.

Tripp is 23, not 22. Currently he ranks 8th in the Carolina League in OPS, 5th in SLG, 1st in HR, and 7th in RBI. Certainly nothing to complain about there.

I think injuries and not age will affect Reimold's career the most. Looks like a 'shooting star' type player...a bright flash and then gone.

He doesn't stand out physically when you see guys like Weiters and Rowell on the field. But I saw a real quick, powerful bat at the game I went to in Wilmington. The speed of the swing was much more than what I saw from the other guys. FWIW. It was definitely a WOW moment for this HO'er.

I have a short write-up I am waiting to publish that compares his draft swing to his swing of last year. I'll post it here when it is actually published (probably early next week).

Ok, I finally got around to finishing this article. Here is the link:

Brandon Tripp

I really wish I had better video to work with as the video of him in 2007 is missing a couple frames, but I think the differences in his swing are noticeable. I used his draft video and compared it to video of him from 2007.

Given the angles and distance, it is too difficult to tell what further adjustments he has made this year using justD's video.

Archived