Time to DFA Ubaldo

LookitsPuck

Well, at least now I can go into tonight with the expectation that we will lose. That way if anything else happens, I can be pleasantly surprised.

Enjoy the game Tony and if Jimenez wins the game then that will be a pleasant

surprise.

Rock the Angles tonight Ubaldo.

Go O's.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha. Just trying to think outside the box. It's funny though, R. Rick thinks the O's would be dumb to give up Bundy. A trade that looks bad on both sides could be the one that makes sense. My thinking was that Ubaldo would only make sense for a team seeking to get rid of an even bigger contract and Greinke came to mind. Maybe Verlander but DET is playing well all of a sudden.

Bundy could well be on his way to even a better career than Jake has had in Chicago.

Sorry, just my opinion.

I think Jake is going to have to spend the next year and a half regressing before I'd take that bet.

The way Bundy has been progressing, he has the solid look of a top TOR and if he gives you that for the next 10+ years, it will be a joy to watch, and I sure don't want to read posters complaining in OH, everytime he does it with another uniform on.

Enjoy the game Tony and if Jimenez wins the game then that will be a pleasant

surprise.

Rock the Angles tonight Ubaldo.

Go O's.

I hope for the win, and I will be rocking Orange for Ubaldo.

But, my brain says his 7 career starts against the Angels, don't back up that hope.

The way Bundy has been progressing, he has the solid look of a top TOR and if he gives you that for the next 10+ years, it will be a joy to watch, and I sure don't want to read posters complaining in OH, everytime he does it with another uniform on.

Well, Jake had options and health. Those are things Bundy doesn't have. So it's going to be tricky. I'm not sure I'd take that bet. I think Bundy looks much better w/ the O's than Arrieta did. But Arrieta also started and Bundy didn't. So there's also that. We're also talking about a very small handful of innings, too. That's quite a leap.

Well, Jake had options and health. Those are things Bundy doesn't have. So it's going to be tricky. I'm not sure I'd take that bet. I think Bundy looks much better w/ the O's than Arrieta did. But Arrieta also started and Bundy didn't. So there's also that. We're also talking about a very small handful of innings, too. That's quite a leap.

Jake is 30, and has pitched very good for 2 seasons. How many good seasons does he have left?

Dylan is still only 23, and so he is 24 by the time he gets into the rotation full time as SP.

I think when its all said and done, Bundy will have a fine career set of metrics in his man cave.

Haha. Just trying to think outside the box. It's funny though, R. Rick thinks the O's would be dumb to give up Bundy. A trade that looks bad on both sides could be the one that makes sense. My thinking was that Ubaldo would only make sense for a team seeking to get rid of an even bigger contract and Greinke came to mind. Maybe Verlander but DET is playing well all of a sudden.

I wish the O's had bluechip prospects in their farm system to trade for top talent

at the trade deadline. I just hate to see Bundy traded. But he may have to be in

a deal. I just don't know what they can get. I just as soon they stay the course

than for DD to delete the farm system even more for only marginal improvement.

Jake is 30, and has pitched very good for 2 seasons. How many good seasons does he have left?

Dylan is still only 23, and so he is 24 by the time he gets into the rotation full time as SP.

I think when its all said and done, Bundy will have a fine career set of metrics in his man cave.

You know I am hoping you are right. It is hard to project ANY starting pitcher to be a TOR starter for 10 years. How many have there been in the history of baseball? The Orioles have had 3. Dave McNally, Jim Palmer, and Mike Mussina. There will be people that argue Mussina wasn't but they would be wrong. LOL. I am excited by Bundy and lets get 4 or 5 real good one from him and take it from there. I do think in two years the Orioles could have Chris Tillman, Kevin Gausman, Dylan Bundy, and Hunter Harvey which could solve many starting pitching woes we have seen lately.

You know I am hoping you are right. It is hard to project ANY starting pitcher to be a TOR starter for 10 years. How many have there been in the history of baseball? The Orioles have had 3. Dave McNally, Jim Palmer, and Mike Mussina. There will be people that argue Mussina wasn't but they would be wrong. LOL. I am excited by Bundy and lets get 4 or 5 real good one from him and take it from there. I do think in two years the Orioles could have Chris Tillman, Kevin Gausman, Dylan Bundy, and Hunter Harvey which could solve many starting pitching woes we have seen lately.

Bedard was pretty darn good when he was here, and was a true TOR. Even Palmer said Bedard goes down in the books as one of the best Lefties that the Orioles have had.

I'd add Mike Cuellar to that list, 6 consecutive seasons of 18+ wins including 4 20 win seasons

My favorite O's pitcher as a kid, un-beatable after the weather turned warm, him and Powell would always struggle the first couple months but then they were awesome.

Bedard was pretty darn good when he was here, and was a true TOR. Even Palmer said Bedard goes down in the books as one of the best Lefties that the Orioles have had.

I was using 10 good years as a TOR starter as the criteria. Bedard had 4 real good years for the Orioles.

I'd add Mike Cuellar to that list, 6 consecutive seasons of 18+ wins including 4 20 win seasons

My favorite O's pitcher as a kid, un-beatable after the weather turned warm, him and Powell would always struggle the first couple months but then they were awesome.

I thought you were too young to remember Cuellar. LOL. I was using the 10 year criteria that Rick originally said Bundy could be a TOR guy. There aren't to many of them. I would love to find another Cuellar. Mike Boddicker was pretty good also.

Archived