Adam Jones really looks lost at the plate.

flaoriolesfan

The pitcher does not even have to come close to throwing a strike to him. I think

if a pitcher tried to intentionally walk Adam right now he would strike him out! Now

I love Adam and I hope he gets back to being at least a little patient,but man right now.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a big believer in biorhythms and how they play into baseball. When guys look like their concentration is off you need to sit them for a game or so a week. Not run them out there until they start clicking again. They need to rebuild their Chi.

Jones, Davis, and Trumbo all fall into this category at the moment.

I'm sure he's going to work through this slump but I really hope the Orioles don't resign him after his contract is up. He's the type of hitter who's going to age horribly once his reflexes slow down.

Sadly true.

He never had a good eye at the plate, even in his prime, so as his reaction time slows, his numbers will continue to get worse.

Jones is beyond lost. Pitchers have his number, with no one on base the will continue to throw sliders three feet off the plate. Jones swings at them 75% of the time. When a runner on base just throw "double play" Jones a strike and he will continue to drive the ball weakly to the shortstop for the regular 6-4-3. I haven't seen a rally killer like him in a long time. Not only is he terrible at the plate he is equally as bad in the field. Rarely does he come up with a ground ball cleanly if there is a play to be made. It's always bobbled and his angles on fly balls are as if he has never sen a fly ball before, I am willing to be he has at best 20-100 vision. Nothing else can explain his poor pitch selction and his outfield play. Whenever I saw a kid play like that in little league I always said that kid needs glasses.

Based on Jones comments in past years and his comments from yesterday I just think Adam is stubborn and doesn't see the need to discipline his approach at the plate. I like Adam, but I think this is the player he'll always be.

Many thought he had the potential to be one of the all time greats. Instead, because of his total lack of plate discipline and his clear unwillingness to improve in this area and stop swinging at ridiculous pitches, he will just be a good player who never reached that next level.

A shame.

Many thought he had the potential to be one of the all time greats.

Wha-at? Who ever said that? Besides, I don't think Jones' lack of plate discipline is merely a matter of stubbornness. Pitch recognition is a skill and some have more of it than others.

I am willing to be he has at best 20-100 vision. Nothing else can explain his poor pitch selection and his outfield play. Whenever I saw a kid play like that in little league I always said that kid needs glasses.

I don't seriously wonder, but I can hope that there's some explanation like this for his poor pitch selection.

That said, his swing looks terrible as well. It's hyperbollically long and thus appears really slow. Maybe he's just already aging poorly?

Whatever the explanation, it's kind of painful to watch him up there right now.

We need Adam to get in a groove, if he is able. Maybe sit him. Maybe get him an eye exam. Whatever it takes, we need him.

Wha-at? Who ever said that? Besides, I don't think Jones' lack of plate discipline is merely a matter of stubbornness. Pitch recognition is a skill and some have more of it than others.

Maybe no one on this board, but there were certainly talking heads that stated jones would be one of the best players in the game.

Sadly this never materialized and is looking like it never will.

He's a solid but not spectacular outfielder with power, some speed and poor plate discipline.

Barely a top 100 player.

Archived