Adam Jones really looks lost at the plate.

flaoriolesfan

It's not just Adam Jones. Most of the offense have looked lost at the plate. When is Buck going to sit Alverez and put in Kim on a regular basis? Tonight, Kim was the only batter who wasn't performing as if he were lost.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont agree with the earlier post about Adam Jones defense being bad. But he could be correct.

That play in the 13th inning the other night was inexcusable. The one were the ball went over his head and rolled to the wall I have no idea what Adam was thinking. Did anyone ask him about that play? If so, I never heard a reason or explanation.

But his offense is atrocious.

There are 30 starters in center field. I would venture to say that I would pick anyone of those other 29 before I picked Adam

Maybe I'm just being silly, but that is the way I feel right now.

I dont agree with the earlier post about Adam Jones defense. But he could be correct.

But his offense is atrocious.

There are 30 starters in center field. I would venture to say that I would pick anyone of those other 29 before I picked Adam

Maybe I'm just being silly, but that is the way I feel right now.

His defense is not bad. Top 10 out of 30 I would say based on what I have seen. He had one good week with the bat

Before last night's game Jones had this to say to the media about the offense:

"Well, nothing concerns me,? he said. ?We have a team that drives the ball. And, the opposite of driving the ball is strikeouts. We've got some guys - myself, CD (Chris Davis), (Mark) Trumbo - that will strike out from time to time. It?s okay, but I think people are happy with how we drive the ball and the numbers we usually put up. The last few games, we racked up some strikeouts, but it?s all part of it. Because as soon we start to drive the ball and hit the home runs and get extra-base hits, you guys are going to forget all about it."

"Time to time." Really? Tuesday night Jones Kd 2 times; Davis and Trumbo struck out 3 times each. Last night Jones and Trumbo fanned 3 times each and Davis twice. That's not "from time to time." But as he said, "It's okay." Ummm, No it's not.

He could go 0 for his next 80 and buck wouldn't sit him or even move him out of the 3 spot.

Robo-buck is not my favorite. He's a terrific manager but his stubbornness is his biggest weakness.

I'm not disagreeing, but you could probably make the same argument about every big league manager at varying points of their careers.

Jones did look lost last night, and his offensive numbers have been really disappointing so far...

but,

Let's not act like he's been some kind of career bust. I mean, seriously. This is a guy that finished in the top 15 for AL MVP votes in 2012, 2013, and again in 2014. He's a five-time all star, with a hat trick of gold gloves. He's also been a leader for this team for years now.

Maybe he needs to be moved out of the three-hole, but let's keep his (very successful) career in perspective.

I'll never understand why Jones will continue to bat in the 3, 4, or 5 hole for the entirety of the season.

If he's slumping, like he is right now, you need to move him down in the order.

many would argue with you, that where you bat in the batting order, doesn't change your results.

many would argue with you, that where you bat in the batting order, doesn't change your results.

It would certainly change the results with the meat of the order usually being the ones to drive in runners on base.

I'd like to see Jones, Davis, Trumbo, Schoop

strike out looking at least once every 2-3 games

They are obviously not recognizing the pitch type or location, and if they go back and look at the video they would see how far out of zone the pitches are that

they are chasing. Get a feel for the strike zone by taking a few called strikes. That's what Kim does, he must be amazed at how silly the American look chasing pitches

Chris Davis actually takes a ton of strikes, and is doing it more this year than in his career (63.2%). The fact that you would compare that to someone like Jones who swings at 80% of balls inside the zone shows you how wrong your eyes can be.

I think Adam Jones should never swing at an 0-2 pitch. Nobody throws him a strike, or anything even close to a strike, in that situation.

In his career, Adam has faced an 0-2 count 1,149 times. Incredibly, the at bat was resolved on the next pitch 53.5% of the time (league average is 44.2%). 264 of those were strikeouts. I'd bet you could count the called strikeouts on one hand.

The Orioles' strikeout percentage is at 22.6%, 5th highest in the league. Not really that terrible considering the spike in the last seveal games. The league average is 21.0%, up from 19.9% last year.

Archived