April 28/August 25, Orioles at White Sox

bretholmes4

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Millar is a rally killer, plain and simple. It's time to move him as he's costing us chances to win...

Sure, he is not producing at all and really scuffling, but I think you would be surprised to find that moving someone else into the cleanup spot is not the answer either. You can switch the order around any way you want, it is not going to drastically hurt or improve our run production, it is just not.

Wow, whenever we need a big hit from Millar he is not patient at all.

I'm convinced that the pressure of being named the "cleanup hitter" is going to his head. He's not trying to be Kevin Millar hitting fourth in the lineup, he's trying to be "THE MAN." He's changed his approach drastically and it's not working. Trembley really needs to shake up the lineup and start rotating guys around the middle of the order depending on who's hot. No matter who he puts at cleanup on an everyday basis, they're going to press because none of them are really good enough hitters to be there. That's why he needs to take a more team-oriented approach to it instead of naming a "cleanup hitter".

Sure, he is not producing at all and really scuffling, but I think you would be surprised to find that moving someone else into the cleanup spot is not the answer either. You can switch the order around any way you want, it is not going to drastically hurt or improve our run production, it is just not.

You don't know until you try. Scott is at least hitting the ball. Heck I'd try Jones in the cleanup spot eventually. He's seeing the ball really well right now...

Archived