4/29 Rays at O's: battle for first place

PaulFolk

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He makes that a play a lot. For all those who thinks he isn't a good ss let me ask one question:

How many times have you seen him backhand a ball in the hole?

I havent seen it but 2-3 times all year. The reason: He's got very good range.

I don't think anyone questions his range. It's more a question of consistency in his mechanics.

I wasn't joking. Maybe I haven't seen enough games yet, but I have seen him bounce a few to 1B this year.

That's wildness, not weakness. Watch the throws he makes while getting taken out on 4-6-3 double plays. His arm is definitely well above average in strength. Accuracy is a slightly different story. I think that has a lot to do with the footwork issues he's been having.

Yes he does, but he also makes boneheaded decisions.

Like the one where he didn't cut the ball off on the base hit by Bartlett. Sometimes he just doesn't have good baseball sense.

He's played relatively few innings in the majors. Give him time.

That was a very long throw to make, and while running too.

Wasn't that far, he was right next to Mora. It was a tough play, and he showed great range to get in front of the ball and get momentum towards 1B.

Not a LH hater, and admittedly haven't seen enough of him yet. But the few times I have seen him, he has bounced a few throws to first

I think all O's hitters should have a take sign until they get a strike when the pitcher has just walked the last batter! Melmo makin me mad!

Mora has made the worst plate decisions I've seen from a hitter this season. You have a guy on first with no outs that steals at an 80%+ clip again a catcher just back from injury and a pitcher who's deliberate to the plate and just walked the leadoff hitter. You also have an umpire who's known league wide for squeezing pitchers.

Why in the world don't you work the count? You give Roberts a shot to steal. You give the pitcher a chance to put you on base via another walk. You get a chance to get into a hitters count.

There is almost no advantage to swinging at the first pitch. And if you're going to hit & run, do it with someone at the plate who's willing to hit to the right site -- Mora has become a strict pull hitter like he's trying to become Kevin Millar Jr.

So MLB TV has some commercials all the sudden. Problem is the vast majority are the same one. Worse, it has a talking Derek Jeter bobble head. This I don't need.

Another is marketing Griffey's up coming 600th HR and includes footage of Ruth, Mays, and Aaron. This one I do need.

Archived