4/29 Rays at O's: battle for first place

PaulFolk

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's got a bit of a cutter.

His fastball control is EONS better than it ever was last year. (So far)

Olson looks like a different pitcher right now.

Yup - he looks like he's been pitching in the bigs forever right now. What a 2008 debut so far.

He's got a bit of a cutter.

His fastball control is EONS better than it ever was last year. (So far)

Olson looks like a different pitcher right now.

He needs more consistency with his curve, and his change elevates too much, but he is throwing strikes and getting hitters out

I guess.

Some of this stuff is fundamental baseball sense. You cut that ball off at every level, period.

Since you are an expert on fundamental baseball, tell me something. How does a good SS manage to know when to cut that ball of from RF when the play at 3B is behind him ? It doesn't seem to me that he can watch the play and look for the ball at the same time but maybe the great ones like Jeter can.

Mora has made the worst plate decisions I've seen from a hitter this season. You have a guy on first with no outs that steals at an 80%+ clip again a catcher just back from injury and a pitcher who's deliberate to the plate and just walked the leadoff hitter. You also have an umpire who's known league wide for squeezing pitchers.

Why in the world don't you work the count? You give Roberts a shot to steal. You give the pitcher a chance to put you on base via another walk. You get a chance to get into a hitters count.

There is almost no advantage to swinging at the first pitch. And if you're going to hit & run, do it with someone at the plate who's willing to hit to the right site -- Mora has become a strict pull hitter like he's trying to become Kevin Millar Jr.

They had a hit and run play on. Ask Trembley why?

Since you are an expert on fundamental baseball, tell me something. How does a good SS manage to know when to cut that ball of from RF when the play at 3B is behind him ? It doesn't seem to me that he can watch the play and look for the ball at the same time but maybe the great ones like Jeter can.

Whatever, apologist.

There was an out right in front of his face named Jason Bartlett. Argue that.

Hello, campers... I just got here...can't see a thing because of the TB-blackout... things are looking good, right?

What exactly are people fussing at LH for this time? The last few games, he seems like his old self to me... I was thinking his little fielding slump (or fat-boy period, or whatever it was) was over... did he screw up something?

Hello, campers... I just got here...can't see a thing because of the TB-blackout... things are looking good, right?

What exactly are people fussing at LH for this time? The last few games, he seems like his old self to me... I was thinking his little fielding slump (or fat-boy period, or whatever it was) was over... did he screw up something?

He actually made a very nice play in the hole. Remarks were made about how he got in front of it as opposed to a backhand. Others then railed against his throwing because he bounced it to first.

In the end it was a tough play and the out was recorded.

Archived