Salary Dump Starting Pitchers

srock

Schoop had a broken back at the time.

Not saying he didn't but many on this very forum looked at his aaa stats in 2013 and used those stats again 2014 to ship him to the minors because he lacked the numbers at Norfolk forgetting Norfolk is where the homer goes to die..

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not saying he didn't but many on this very forum looked at his aaa stats in 2013 and used those stats again 2014 to ship him to the minors because he lacked the numbers at Norfolk forgetting Norfolk is where the homer goes to die..

Folks with Flaherty fever.

No one that was thinking rationally.

Well I suppose wanting to screw with his service time was rational.

I know Norfolk is a pitchers park, but he has done well on the road in hitters parks like Charlotte.

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

So a Triple A team for the White Sox justifies him getting a start against an AL East team? He'd be knocked out of a game in 4 innings or less. If you pitch in Norfolk I don't want to see you in the majors unless you are sub 3 era.

Folks with Flaherty fever.

No one that was thinking rationally.

Well I suppose wanting to screw with his service time was rational.

And that's my point. People want to rush a pitcher who is learning up to the majors, waste an option, for a spot start?

I have never seen a pitcher REGRESS like Wright..he had one good outing a few weeks ago, and now it just looks like hes a head case and he's getting worse. Ubaldo looks done for me. I'd think about Mcfraland or Despiagne or Gunkle..but for Gods sakes no more Wright or Ubaldo. We really dont have many options. Wright definitely needs to be sent down.

Yet, the Orioles are in first place.

Sometimes you just have accept the warts and be happy with to results.

Is send down Wright, other guys have earned a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And that's my point. People want to rush a pitcher who is learning up to the majors, waste an option, for a spot start?

Not to mention addin him to the Forty and starting his "Service Time Clock" before he is ready. It would give them more fodder for debate when he fails and they blame it on how pitchers are developed and how we rush players and waste their option years.

Archived