Options for Wednesday start?

bpilktree

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Starting Ubaldo is an epic fail for DD. They removed him from the rotation because

he was horrible. In his only appearance out of the bullpen he was horrible.

Starting him makes it glaringly obvious that DD failed to build the necessary pitching

depth to field a championship quality team. I say that realizing that this team is currently

in first place, I just do not believe that to be sustainable with the current group of starters.

Wasn't Gausman supposed to have been optioned yesterday to get an extra bullpen arm? Darn. So much for that theory. That would seem to make it even more unlikely that it is Despaigne.

Ubaldo still hasn't been named. I still have a hard time believing that they would start him after just sending him to the bullpen for good reasons.

I don't think Bundy was ever a serious consideration but that is an interesting signal for the future.

Interesting that TJ is lined up to pitch on the double header day. He can't be called up...unless somebody is heading to the DL. Hmmmm.

Wasn't Gausman supposed to have been optioned yesterday to get an extra bullpen arm? Darn. So much for that theory. That would seem to make it even more unlikely that it is Despaigne.

Ubaldo still hasn't been named. I still have a hard time believing that they would start him after just sending him to the bullpen for good reasons.

I don't think Bundy was ever a serious consideration but that is an interesting signal for the future.

Interesting that TJ is lined up to pitch on the double header day. He can't be called up...unless somebody is heading to the DL. Hmmmm.

TJ can be brought up as the "26th" man for the 2nd game of the DH.

I think Buck was talking about Bobby Bundy when saying Bundy was an option. :D

I was watching that and thought Buck was trolling fans hard. I'm just going to have to put my big boy O's fan pants on and root Ubaldo to a win. Good thing about Ubaldo's starts his that he allows you an ample alibi to enjoy some of the local "night" life around the stadium. Said pants are ready to be picked up at the dry cleaners.

It'll send another (terrible) message to the team if Ubaldo makes this start. Right up there with Mike Wright coming back immediately after stinking.

I'm (hoping, praying) that it's Despaigne tomorrow and not Ubaldo. But that all depends on how TDub does tonight.

It'll send another (terrible) message to the team if Ubaldo makes this start. Right up there with Mike Wright coming back immediately after stinking.

I'm (hoping, praying) that it's Despaigne tomorrow and not Ubaldo. But that all depends on how TDub does tonight.

Not sure Despaigne starting is the right move, didn't he pitch Sunday for almost 2 innings?

I'd like to see Despaigne start too. But I crack up at the thought of you kneeling at your bed with folded hands praying that Ubaldo doesn't start.

I'd like to see Despaigne start too. But I crack up at the thought of you kneeling at your bed with folded hands praying that Ubaldo doesn't start.

I also have a wooden sign that I spent about 10 hours putting together. It actually says A.B.U. Stained and poly'd. I have it bolted to my car.

Know what ABU stands for?

Anybody

But

Ubaldo

:)

Joking. Sort of.

Threw 27 pitches. Day game. Pretty normal for guys to throw a BP session between starts, so maybe it'll be this?

I am not too familiar with the in between start throwing session.

But, do they let it all out, as if they were pitching or is it light to moderate throwing, to just stay in form?

I am not too familiar with the in between start throwing session.

But, do they let it all out, as if they were pitching or is it light to moderate throwing, to just stay in form?

An article from 2006, but sheds some light:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/nl/brewers/2006-05-11-davis-offday_x.htm

This does happen from time to time in the majors where a starter will make a relief appearance in the name of a bullpen session...usually if the team needs to get some innings because the relievers are taxed.

Archived