Umpire Injury

Bumps49

I was at the game on Father's Day to see those ridiculous light blue uniforms. For Father's Day? LIGHT BLUE?? REALLY? And the give away hats would only fit a 2 year old. ENOUGH COMPLAINING. Anyway,does anyone know what happened to the home plate umpire and if he is OK?

I was at the game on Father's Day to see those ridiculous light blue uniforms. For Father's Day? LIGHT BLUE?? REALLY? And the give away hats would only fit a 2 year old. ENOUGH COMPLAINING. Anyway,does anyone know what happened to the home plate umpire and if he is OK?

My guess - He has a 1-0 count. Game over.

I was told it hit his face.
PAINFUL DELAY

There was a lengthy delay in the second inning after home plate umpire Dale Scott was struck in the groin with a foul ball. Scott left the game, and Bob Davidson worked behind the plate as part of a three-man crew.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/article84730537.html

Got hit in the doodads REALLY bad! Hurt just to watch it on TV.

Really? Again? Same problem as with the fedora two years ago. That's why I don't go anymore expressly for any hat giveaway which is going to be non-adjustable.

How can this persist to be an issue? The average men's hat size is 7 3/8. The non-adjustable hats should be minimum of that size, and I would round up to 7 1/2 if I were designing the giveaway.

Archived