Anyone care to speculate why Sharlon Schoop has been brought to Baltimore?

accinfo

Yep. It is a big deal for him. Just be there. He is in no way ever going to play in the MLB another time. If he is added, I would suspect a Reimold or Janish DFA.

If he is added.

I am torn, I see this going 2 ways.

#1. He is just insurance, in case the team has an injury, during the next two games.

#2. They go ahead and add him to the 40 man and then the 25 man roster, if they decide to try and push Janish through waivers.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's clearly just here as insurance in case we lose another infielder to injury.

Let's pray that Hardy's doing ok. Hopefully Buck will provide more info today.

But why would they have called him to Baltimore yesterday? Plenty of guys have gotten injured and there has never been a problem replacing them the next day. There is not that much traffic on I95.

Maybe the O's can also promote Corban Joseph and then go get Buck Britton from Minnesota's AAA team and we can make all the players with brothers in the minors happy. :D

Unless Hardy tweaked something this moves seems strange, but Janish was particularly brutal with the bat yesterday despite his bloop hit. I'm guessing there is something going on here that we're not aware of yet.

But why would they have called him to Baltimore yesterday? Plenty of guys have gotten injured and there has never been a problem replacing them the next day. There is not that much traffic on I95.

Something must have happened on Sunday (or Monday afternoon) that raised some concern where they thought they might need him today/tomorrow. Either Hardy, Flaherty, or Janish is probably banged up somehow.

That's the only thing that makes sense imo.

Something must have happened on Sunday (or Monday afternoon) that raised some concern where they thought they might need him today/tomorrow. Either Hardy, Flaherty, or Janish is probably banged up somehow.

That's the only thing that makes sense imo.

I doubt if Janish was banged up, they would have started him last night.

Hardy didn't look banged up, during the game.

I am a little perplexed by this move unless some infielder is about to be traded. The only other thing is that someone is hurt like Flaherty. Other then that why would they call up another infielder?

My speculation, they want the whole Schoop family in town to celebrate a Manny extension :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the O's can also promote Corban Joseph and then go get Buck Britton from Minnesota's AAA team and we can make all the players with brothers in the minors happy. :D

Unless Hardy tweaked something this moves seems strange, but Janish was particularly brutal with the bat yesterday despite his bloop hit. I'm guessing there is something going on here that we're not aware of yet.

Maybe the Ravens will contemplate adding Marques Ogden to the ring of honor to keep up with the joneses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived