Multiple Team interested in Bud Norris

Redskins Rick

HBT had this to say:

Jon Heyman reports that the Marlins, White Sox, Mariners, and Tigers are among teams with interest in Braves starter Bud Norris.

Norris started the season slowly pitching out of the Braves? pen, but has pitched well since then, with a 2.43 ERA and 35 strikeouts over his last 40 and two-thirds innings. The Braves would obviously try to flip him for a little something. They?re likely to try to flip anyone and everyone who isn?t literally nailed down.

Sounds like Bud has fixed what ailed him.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Atlanta is looking for draft picks to rebuild, aren't they?

They were. Haven't heard anything about plans for next year's draft.

At some point you have to switch from collecting pieces to sorting pieces, like when the Astros started trading guys they couldn't protect in the rule V.

They were. Haven't heard anything about plans for next year's draft.

At some point you have to switch from collecting pieces to sorting pieces, like when the Astros started trading guys they couldn't protect in the rule V.

They got a bunch of holes to fill for now.

I'll be one of them.

Who from our current system would you be upset to lose? Assume the deal is for somebody better than Bud Norris - let's say we find someone who is clearly our new #3 or #4 starter. Who do you hate to see going the other way in that scenario? This is genuine curiosity btw - curious if there are prospects you like that I'm overlooking a little.

They got a bunch of holes to fill for now.

Their current farm system was pretty good before the draft.

I'm not sure they would value another pick as highly as they did a few months ago.

I am however sure that Dan could find some taker for the pick if he should get his hands on another one.

Who from our current system would you be upset to lose? Assume the deal is for somebody better than Bud Norris - let's say we find someone who is clearly our new #3 or #4 starter. Who do you hate to see going the other way in that scenario? This is genuine curiosity btw - curious if there are prospects you like that I'm overlooking a little.

The pick if we get one.

Harvey.

A number of the young catchers.

Reyes.

Now keep in mind if Dan can somehow trade those assets for something better than a Norris or a Parra I could change my mind.

But I don't see Dan being able to land someone that is both good and not a rental.

Other than Tony who was upset at the idea of losing Davies last year?

I hated the deal for reasons other than Davies.

The fact that Tony was right about Davies being something is just fondant on the cake. (does anyone actually like fondant?)

Other than Tony who was upset at the idea of losing Davies last year?

I hated the deal for reasons other than Davies.

The fact that Tony was right about Davies being something is just fondant on the cake. (does anyone actually like fondant?)

I wasn't happy that Parra was a bust.

Not like Miller, Miller was a good rental, Parra was not.

Archived