Who pitches the Doubleheader and who is the 26th man?

wildcard

Your chart is wrong. Tillman would be on the days rest the way you have it set up.

You are incorrect. We do need a 5th starter in San Diego, be it Ubaldo or someone else. Buck will not use one of the four on 3 days rest.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Doh, you are right. So the plan must be for TJ to start the double header as the 26th man. He last pitched on the 20th, so he would be lined up to pitch tomorrow. The only thing I don't like about this is it has Tyler pitching on 7 days rest but that is probably preferable to Gallardo and Tillman on 3 days rest.

6/24 Gallardo (5 days rest)

6/25-G1 Tillman (5)

6/25-G2 TJ (4)

6/26 Gausman (4)

6/27 Off

6/28 Wilson (7)

6/29 Gallardo (4)

6/30 Tillman (4)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doh, you are right. So the plan must be for TJ to start the double header as the 26th man. He last pitched on the 20th, so he would be lined up to pitch tomorrow. The only thing I don't like about this is it has Tyler pitching on 7 days rest but that is probably preferable to Gallardo and Tillman on 3 days rest.

6/24 Gallardo (5 days rest)

6/25-G1 Tillman (5)

6/25-G2 TJ (4)

6/26 Gausman (4)

6/27 Off

6/28 Wilson (7)

6/29 Gallardo (4)

6/30 Tillman (4)

I don't think so. I think the plan is to have an extra bullpen arm for the doubleheader, probably TJ, and for Ubaldo to start Tuesday in San Diego.

I don't think so. I think the plan is to have an extra bullpen arm for the doubleheader, probably TJ, and for Ubaldo to start Tuesday in San Diego.

That would work too. TJ in the bullpen makes sense to guarantee LHPs available both games of the doubleheader. Only downside is we don't get to skip Ubaldo. Seems to me that if we have the opportunity to skip him we should take it but you are right, going with Ubaldo would keep everyone on more or less normal rest.

Yeah, not only is Manny back, I don't see us adding Starlon to the 40 man and upping his salary to $500K just to play one game.

I agree, unless Gallardo tosses a CG tonight, a pitcher is the most likely option and TJ makes sense if eligible. Only thing about TJ is that he is back in Norfolk as a starter. If the plan is for him to be a 5th starter option, it would be weird to change that plan a week later for a double header that has been on the schedule. But the same would apply to Gunkel (plus he would need to be added to the 40 man. Lee or Aquino would also ensure we have a lefty available both games.

This is not a big point, but.... If Sharlon Schoop was added to the O's roster they would not be on the hook for 500k. They would pay him at a 507.5k rate for the days he is on the major league 25 man roster. When he is optioned back to the minors he is paid at his minor league rate.

The more I think about it, the more that I am confused about rule #3.

Why do you get the 26th man, if the game is scheduled more than 48 hours in advance?

In the case of a doubleheader that is scheduled at least 48 hours in advance, the 26-man Active List limit is in effect for both games of the doubleheader, but the "26th man" cannot be switched between games.

TJ is probably the best choice. I kind of wish they would just leave him alone and let him start at AAA, but winning up here is fun. I would not be surprised to see R.Rodriguez up here at some point. Especially since he's going multiple innings now.

I would like to see Richard promoted but I don't expect it any time soon. Worley comes back this week and that will push Richard further down the depth chart. Its going to take multiple injuries to seem him before September and I don't want that to happen.

The more I think about it, the more that I am confused about rule #3.

Why do you get the 26th man, if the game is scheduled more than 48 hours in advance?

If they game is scheduled in the last 48 hours it means that you had an off day in the previous few days so they give you less advantage. If it is more then 48 days there is a chance that you may have never had an off day and could be playing 4 games in 3 days or so. We got a little lucky because we had the day off on Thursday but you have to keep the same rule because Tampa did not have the day off.

If they game is scheduled in the last 48 hours it means that you had an off day in the previous few days so they give you less advantage. If it is more then 48 days there is a chance that you may have never had an off day and could be playing 4 games in 3 days or so. We got a little lucky because we had the day off on Thursday but you have to keep the same rule because Tampa did not have the day off.

thank you very much

My understanding, according to the Sun and also Orioles' Xtra after the game Friday night: Saturday's early game will be started by Gausman, and Saturday's later game will be started by Tillman. Sunday's game will be started by Tyler Wilson. As far as Tuesday's game in San Diego, the Sun lists the starter as "Ubaldo Jimenez or TBA."

I believe that McFarland would be a good choice for the 26th man on Saturday.

Archived