Most Home Runs in a Month

Orange

Well, San Diego's ballpark did not contain us yesterday. By the way, we are currently on pace for 262 homers, one shy of the MLB record for a full season. That's the record I really want.

When it comes to HRs, I want all of the records. I know we'll never have someone hit 74, but I'd consider 62 to be the clean record anyway. As tainted as Bonds' record is, it was still a phenomenal feat, I just don't consider that to be the real benchmark.

I think we have a real shot at both. If our bats stay hot for a while, it's achievable. But something tells me we won't OPS .900 every month for the rest of the season. haha

Kim could chip in a few extras, as could Hardy and Reimold. Wieters will get his, and so will the rest. The difference makers will be whether or not Trumbo finishes strong and ends up with 40+. Same for Davis, who I think eclipses 40 fairly easily. Manny needs to make a run at 40. Jones and Schoop could each hit 30. And Wieters and Alvarez should both clear 20. That's 220 right there. Can Kim, Rickard, Hardy, Flaherty, and Reimold combine for 43?

When it comes to HRs, I want all of the records. I know we'll never have someone hit 74, but I'd consider 62 to be the clean record anyway. As tainted as Bonds' record is, it was still a phenomenal feat, I just don't consider that to be the real benchmark.

I think we have a real shot at both. If our bats stay hot for a while, it's achievable. But something tells me we won't OPS .900 every month for the rest of the season. haha

Kim could chip in a few extras, as could Hardy and Reimold. Wieters will get his, and so will the rest. The difference makers will be whether or not Trumbo finishes strong and ends up with 40+. Same for Davis, who I think eclipses 40 fairly easily. Manny needs to make a run at 40. Jones and Schoop could each hit 30. And Wieters and Alvarez should both clear 20. That's 220 right there. Can Kim, Rickard, Hardy, Flaherty, and Reimold combine for 43?

I think you're hitting on it here. Hardy is the guy who will have a lot of ABs that would need to contribute for the record. 10+ HRs in the 2nd half would not have been unreasonable 3 years ago.

I think you're hitting on it here. Hardy is the guy who will have a lot of ABs that would need to contribute for the record. 10+ HRs in the 2nd half would not have been unreasonable 3 years ago.

On the other hand, the Orioles are at 123 and leading the Majors, and only 2 from JJ.

On the other hand, the Orioles are at 123 and leading the Majors, and only 2 from JJ.

Right, but they're not exactly on pace to break the record, and they're in an absolutely torrid hot streak right now, which is skewing the long-term projection a bit. We need to hope that our boppers keep bopping at a reasonable rate and that our lighter hitters pick it up a little bit.

Archived