Most Home Runs in a Month

Orange

Our very own Orioles set the one-month home run record with 58 back in 1987... On last night's broadcast they said we were at 53 and I think (iirc... please correct me if I'm wrong) we got one more. We're close... Something else to watch for. :)

Our very own Orioles set the one-month home run record with 58 back in 1987... On last night's broadcast they said we were at 53 and I think (iirc... please correct me if I'm wrong) we got one more. We're close... Something else to watch for. :)

The O's were robbed of one, they hit 3. If it wasn't for all the outfielders climbing fences they would already have the record.

The O's were robbed of one' date=' they hit 3. If it wasn't for all the outfielders climbing fences they would already have the record.[/quote']

Sorry... I meant they hit one more after Gary said 53. So, 54 at the moment. Great play by Bossman Jr. to take one from Hardy, though.

We are at 54 for June. I believe the MLB record for June is 55 and the record for any month is 58.

Correct, and the Birds co-own that record:

Baltimore is within striking distance of the major league record for home runs in a single month, 58, set by the 1987 Orioles and 1999 Mariners (both in May).

2 more games to hit 6 HRs. Certainly possible with this group. So much to love about this team right now. We're much better than 2014, IMO, and we're going to have to show it over the next six weeks.

Well, just one to tie the June record and four to tie the all-time record for any month. Two and five to set new records, respectively.

Well, just one to tie the June record and four to tie the all-time record for any month. Two and five to set new records, respectively.

If the all-time any-month record is 58 and we have 53, we need to hit six HRs to set the record outright.

The O's were robbed of one' date=' they hit 3. If it wasn't for all the outfielders climbing fences they would already have the record.[/quote']

Yeah! What the hell are those outfielders thinking? MLB needs to look into this.

2 more games to hit 6 HRs. Certainly possible with this group. So much to love about this team right now. We're much better than 2014, IMO, and we're going to have to show it over the next six weeks.

What could have been in 2014 if we made it to the playoffs with MW, Manny and CD. We'll find out this year.

I really want this record. We just got to hit some in pitcher's parks.

What could have been in 2014 if we made it to the playoffs with MW, Manny and CD. We'll find out this year.

I'm about to get a little Rick Dempsey on you here: no ballpark can contain our power.

I'm about to get a little Rick Dempsey on you here: no ballpark can contain our power.

Well, San Diego's ballpark did not contain us yesterday. By the way, we are currently on pace for 262 homers, one shy of the MLB record for a full season. That's the record I really want.

Archived