2016 Trade Deadline Thread (Done)

Rene88

I wouldn't be surprised if the O's went after a guy with some service time left like Matt Shoemaker. He's a tough luck pitcher much like Gausman. According to MASN he has a 1.87 era in his last 8 starts with only 1 win to show for it.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't be surprised if the O's went after a guy with some service time left like Matt Shoemaker. He's a tough luck pitcher much like Gausman. According to MASN he has a 1.87 era in his last 8 starts with only 1 win to show for it.

What would you want if you were the Angels for him?

Personally, I feel like the Giants are the best team in baseball. Just a mentally tough, grinding team.

The Cubs seem to have some old starting pitching behind arrietta and I am not sure how they will do by the time October rolls around. Their bullpen can't be trusted.

The nats have a lot of talent but they seem to struggle with the RISP, they need another hitter which is probably why they are looking at jay Bruce. They also need bullpen help like Chicago. Also don't trust the nats mental toughness and grind ability.

In the AL, every team is basically flawed. Maybe Cleveland rises above everyone if they keep getting lights out pitching, but that's tough to do against some of the monster AL lineups.

I would say the Orioles are closest to the Giants in terms tough makeup and ability to grind out games but they don't have anywhere near the Giants starting pitching.

The Giants are scary. Never count out the Cards and Royals.

No doubt. All the royals and cards have to do is make the playoffs. Cubs biggest nightmare is the cards making the playoffs. Last year doesn't matter and it doesn't matter how flawed cards are...they will find a way to put a scare into a Cubs team with immense pressure to win.

What would you want if you were the Angels for him?

Oh, we probably wouldn't get him as cheaply as we did with Bud Norris. If I were them I'd want nothing short of Mancini, M. Wright, and one of the O's catching prospects for him. I doubt they would get that much from the O's. But it's not outside the realm of possibility though.

We're seeing what the Blue Jays were about before the season started:

Runs per game: 4.9

Runs allowed per game: 4.2

Compared to the O's:

Runs per game: 5.1

Runs allowed per game: 4.6

It's close. The O's desperately need a starter because I can see Toronto passing us soon.

We're seeing what the Blue Jays were about before the season started:

Runs per game: 4.9

Runs allowed per game: 4.2

Compared to the O's:

Runs per game: 5.1

Runs allowed per game: 4.6

It's close. The O's desperately need a starter because I can see Toronto passing us soon.

It's gonna be hard to get a deal done that nets the O's a legit starter without giving up too much of the farm. You have to feel Dan's job is on the line and this trade deadline will be the most important one of his career.

It's gonna be hard to get a deal done that nets the O's a legit starter without giving up too much of the farm. You have to feel Dan's job is on the line and this trade deadline will be the most important one of his career.

PAG doesn't fire GMs.

DD is here until 2018.

Don't know if anyone else saw but BOS got Brad Zeigler from the dbacks. Kimbrel is going to be out 3-6 weeks.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/07/red-sox-acquire-brad-ziegler.html

Another reason the International market is flawed. BOS spends and then can use those players as currency to help out the mlb club. We don't have that luxory or choose not to.

I'm not hating on DD, but this is something to consider when you see the farm system ranked so poorly. We just don't spend like other teams do in that market.

To stay Orioles related, who you want from Arizona? Cause they're selling now. Weams' boy Robbie Ray?

Don't know if anyone else saw but BOS got Brad Zeigler from the dbacks. Kimbrel is going to be out 3-6 weeks.

Another reason the International market is flawed. BOS spends and then can use those players as currency to help out the mlb club. We don't have that luxory or choose not to.

I'm not hating on DD, but this is something to consider when you see the farm system ranked so poorly. We just don't spend like other teams do in that market.

To stay Orioles related, who you want from Arizona? Cause they're selling now. Weams' boy Robbie Ray?

You think not spending in the INT market is a Duquette decision? LOL. You people never cease to amaze me.

I'm sure he loves the fact he has almost zero budget, and can't do the things teams like Boston can so he isn't at such a severe disadvantage.

Totally up to him, he just likes a challenge so he tells Peter just not to worry about it, he will be alright. Yeah that is it.

Blue Jay's are making their move. They are hitting and pitching and will win the Division unless Boston or Baltimore do something about the horrific pitching.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Yep. Been saying the Blue Jays are the best AL East team for a while now, hope I am wrong. Also, I think the Astros might get hot and overtake the Rangers at some point, we will see.

None of them, really. I don't like what his stats would probably look like in the AL.

Archived