Is This It-2016?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not watching games the rest of the year. It's too stressful and I'm not going to let them induce a nervous breakdown again. Instead of filling the void of not winning a World Series, they're just tearing the void open and making it larger.

Cue people who don't care about the Orioles/winning telling me I should care about the Orioles/winning

What on gods earth are you talking about?

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!!!!:drek::drek::drek::drek::drek::drek::drek::drek::drek::drek:

some people are getting so bent out of shape. We have had a bad run, but I think we will be just fine. Come Sept 1, this will all be behind us and will be talking about Manny for MVP and can Bundy be ROY. Britton for CY. Just relax and enjoy the ups and downs, if they tank we can talk about it the end of September.

We are basically in the same position as when Tony posted his famous thread about the Orioles being a mediocre team. http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/153242-TT-The-Orioles-are-a-mediocre-team?highlight=mediocre At that point, the team had gone 21-22 over the previous 43 games. Right now, the team has gone 20-23 over its last 43 games.

The pattern of this team has been to play mediocre but not horrible baseball for significant stretches of time, punctuated by the occasional week-long hot streak. The team probably needs to have one more hot streak over the final 43 games to make the playoffs, and two to win the division. Will they do it? Beats me. I've found this season to be wildly unpredictable so far. Nothing that happens from here would really surprise me.

Real fans dont just relax and enjoy when the Bosox come in our yard and sweep

Yeah, I just started following the team this season because I like the bird cartoon. But my teams are Golden State, Broncos, Penguins and when Im not cheering for the Royals, Giants, Cubs and Yankees, then I cheer for the Orioles.

And my avatar is a picture of Cal holding a random 1 year old in 1982...

Orioles games are anxiety-inducing for me when the stakes are what they have been since 2012. I can't cope with losses well. I'm still not over 2014. The further we get from winning a World Series, the worse it gets. Can't keep watching this team and doing that to myself.

Lot of people would benefit from reading this. Stop applying your personal sensibilities to every situation.

I applaud your decision to stop watching the games. That means you will have nothing to talk about and therefore no reason to post.

I'm not watching games the rest of the year. It's too stressful and I'm not going to let them induce a nervous breakdown again. Instead of filling the void of not winning a World Series, they're just tearing the void open and making it larger.

Cue people who don't care about the Orioles/winning telling me I should care about the Orioles/winning

Sir, you are going to be ok. But this is a very dangerous and contagious situation. Please, you do need to take a few breaths as you are beginning to show some signs that you are having a classic fanic attack(TM Pending). The first thing is to recognize that you cannot will your team, in this case the Orioles, to play better. This is amazingly true regardless of whether you listen to the game, attend the game or ignore the game. Many fans find themselves becoming more and more stressed the longer that their teams struggle. Some fans create a sense of panic that their stress is inherently entwined with their teams success even to the point that they create reasons for their teams poor performance that are caused, cursed, if you will by their fandom or by random betrayals by some mysterious god like substance.

This has gone on for as long as sports. Please see Bartman, Steve and Dent, Bucky F#@king as just two recent examples.

Again, the good news is that you my friend are going to be just fine. Please relax and just enjoy the remainder of this crazy ride. Of course the bad news is you turned off the game before it was CANCELLED last night and therefore we did't have a chance to come back and win. We didn't have a chance to come back and win a game we desperately needed to win.

OMG Quick!!! Get these people some video from 1966, 1970 or 1983...STAT!

Things are looking bad, yeah. The team's in a bit of a tailspin and they do need to come out of it, soon. Because the schedule doesn't really soften up, and our opponents are turning it on.

That said, time for a look at recent history...

August 19, 2012 (WON 2ND WC, BEAT RANGERS)

Orioles: 66-55, 6 GB, 3rd Place

August 19, 2013 (T3, 12 GB)

Orioles: 67-57, 5.5 GB, 3rd Place

August 19, 2014 (WON DIVISION)

Orioles: 72-52, +8

August 19, 2015 (3RD)

62-57, 5 GB, 3rd Place

August 19, 2016 (3RD)

66-53, 2 GB, 3rd Place

Point being, the O's are still in better shape than they've been in any year over the last five, save 2014. Don't give up hope.

Related: Yes, the Orioles have apparently been in third place on this date 4 out of the last 5 years...

Real fans dont just relax and enjoy when the Bosox come in our yard and sweep

OK, fine.

What DO real fans do when the Red Sox come into Oriole Park and sweep?

Stand outside of Oriole Park and scream insults about the Orioles players in regard to their having been swept by the Red Sox, and refuse to leave the area until the Orioles start winning games?

Inform other posters at the OH that they nearly broke their TV set in frustration over the 2 home runs that Bundy ceded to Red Sox batters?

Wear paper bags over their heads in public with large black letters saying, "I'm a Loser Oriole Fan" ???

OK, fine.

Stand outside of Oriole Park and scream insults about the Orioles players in regard to their having been swept by the Red Sox, and refuse to leave the area until the Orioles start winning games?

Inform other fans at the OH that they nearly broke their TV set in frustration over the 2 home runs that Bundy ceded to Red Sox batters?

Wear paper bags over their heads in public with large black letters saying "I'm a Loser Oriole Fan" ???

B4S-5rNCYAA0CxC.jpg

OK, fine.

Inform other fans at the OH that they nearly broke their TV set in frustration over the 2 home runs that Bundy ceded to Red Sox batters?

Wear paper bags over their heads in public with large black letters saying "I'm a Loser Oriole Fan" ???

I tried drowning myself in the concourse with all the rain coming in. Someone told me it is only a game and the rain and the Red Sox will soon be gone.

Archived