Would you trade Britton?

jgjbanker

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would not trade him at all. If he is not on this team we are not leading wild card. He is the best closer in the game and not even close. You have a guy that blows saves it kills the team. Look what happen the one year with Johnson he blew a few and the team collapsed down the stretch.

I would not trade him at all. If he is not on this team we are not leading wild card. He is the best closer in the game and not even close. You have a guy that blows saves it kills the team. Look what happen the one year with Johnson he blew a few and the team collapsed down the stretch.

Of course it's close. Miller is a beast.

No. Average closers are replaceable. 43-43 is not. Britton has more WAR than Davis and we are paying Davis much more than we will have to pay Britton. Some times you have to look at a conventional wisdom at take the the particulars into account.

The point being is 10 million can get you value.

Or it can get you Miley.

As long as you acknowledge both sides of it, then I'm fine with the point you're making.

That said, in paying for established production (rather than more specualtive talent a la Chen in 2012), it's going to get you the likes of Miley or Gallardo more often than not.

The point being is 10 million can get you value.

Or it can get you Miley.

What pitchers who make less than $10M are quality AL East pitchers?

Finding a Chen is pretty dam tough and keeping Britton isn't going to stop them.

As long as we are a contender he shouldn't be going anywhere.

Archived