vs. RED SOX, 9/21

Sessh

Eh... permanently is too long.

I think Duquette will indeed leave a mess behind, he won't be there to suffer through it though and neither will Buck.

You're right. Permanently was a little aggressive. Losses like this make me wish for a rebuild. Keep manny, schoop, gausman and Bundy and trade many others to retool the farm. Or even a halfway thing like what the Yankees have done.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course, everyone knows the season isn't over. I think what they mean is that this team is not going to make the wild card game especially with the games left to be played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once again ridiculous absolute proclamation.

Listen, right now if you said I had to lay down a $1000 wager on whether or not the O's are going to make the playoff, I'd probably bet on no--but it would be close, say 55-45. People who say the season is over are at 100-0 (or 95-5 to give them the benefit of the doubt). That is ridiculous.

Don't know how to explain my position any better.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

You're right. Permanently was a little aggressive. Losses like this make me wish for a rebuild. Keep manny, schoop, gausman and Bundy and trade many others to retool the farm. Or even a halfway thing like what the Yankees have done.

The time to do that is going to be next year's trade deadline and it needs to be done if we are out of contention or playing .500 ball. Fire sales in the offseason aren't really a thing.

The worst part is Buck refuses to change things up.

Same lineups, never moving guys in the order much (and when he does, he's batting Davis or schoop in the 2 hole), leaving starters in too long and not bringing in the right matchups.

I'm sorry, but Buck has cost us quite a few games this year and it's astounding that only a few of us are willing to call him on it.

We were extremely fortunate to beat the struggling Rays. This is a sub .500 team since the ASG. This is no illusion.We had a nice year. We are not a great team.

It feels like last year in August, doesn't it?

I'll at least give them credit for not breaking my heart early this year. Matt is gone and replaced by Sisco, and Mancini replaces Trumbo. All we need now is someone like Michael Saunders to be in RF. I'd legitimately quit on this team if they sign Rasmus.

Once again ridiculous absolute proclamation.

Listen, right now if you said I had to lay down a $1000 wager on whether or not the O's are going to make the playoff, I'd probably bet on no--but it would be close, say 55-45. People who say the season is over are at 100-0 (or 95-5 to give them the benefit of the doubt). That is ridiculous.

Don't know how to explain my position any better.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

How can you call it ridiculous to think the seasons over, then say you wouldn't bet on them making the playoffs yourself? Who cates what you put the odds at, it's either a yes or no.

I am just genuinely sad. What an error by Davis. I've always enjoyed this team's character and chemistry. I hope a bounce back is in order, but what a crushing mistake by Crush. It's gonna hurt for a while.

Brach looked pretty PO'd after that and I think he forgot to make his pitches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived