vs. RED SOX, 9/21

Sessh

Is that a joke? Guys have roles. Brach has been an 8th inning guy the entire season.

Bringing him into the 6th with 2 guys on (because Buck didn't take out ubaldo early enough) was a dumb move.

It was completely out of his normal role and it showed, he never looked comfortable.

How you can completely excuse Buck for leaving ubaldo out there and putting 2 guys on base for no reason at all is mind boggling.

You are a piece of work. He never looked comfortable? He got 2 weak groundouts and then let the Davis error hurt him.

If we make the WC game should Buck not manage to win? or should he keep roles? You are just complaining about Buck to complain now.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been a fan for 30 years. And this team won't hold onto the WC. Have you watched the games?

I'm not saying we'll hold on to the WC spot, I'm not saying we won't. I'm saying that the posters who just declared the season over after the 6th inning without even entertaining the possibility of a bounce back have very little understanding of the game of baseball.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Your user name makes it clear that you've been through enough ups and down with this team to keep things in perpective.

I'll bet you anything that the people who declared the season over after the Davis error and the Benetendi HR haven't been O's fans for very long.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

You'd lose that bet. I've been a die hard fan 31 years. Don't pretend you know or are more of a fan than those that have differing opions.

I'm not even mad about Davis. He has an 810 OPS. During his tenure as an Oriole he has an 852 OPS.

I'm more annoyed by overall roster construction. It's a beer long softball team that strikes out and hits homers. Very little speed. No OBP.

That's an extremely good comparison.

We an a softball team.

We've made bucholz look like an all star pitcher.

We cannot work a count. I have no idea what Scott coolbaugh is doing for this team because we haven't consistently worked counts since June.

What's infuriating is the refusal to change their approach when it's clear it's not working. AJ is putting up a .200 but still happy to swing away at everything. He's not alone. It's like watching John Starks play for my baseball team.

THAT is a problem, what Roy said. I'm surprised he mentioned Trumbo changes his approach because I'm not seeing it.

Buchholz literally sucks. This team is just EMBARRASING right now. They have shown a lot of character in the past. I hope that shows up over the next few weeks. Otherwise it's the end of an era I think.

Pretty short for an era.

I think they'll still be competitive in 2017 and 2018. After that... new regime, so who knows.

Jim Palmer's life is as an Oriole.Ive know him for 45 years. He bleeds orange and black. The notion that he somehow "gushes" over an opposing player who hasnt earned his respect is absolutely laughable.

He is a professional and does not let his emotions cloud his judgment about the other team and people here don't like that. They don't want unbiased analysis. Like I said, it's amazing so many love Palmer here. I don't think

many really listen to him much TBH.

Archived