vs. RED SOX, 9/21

Sessh

We were extremely fortunate to beat the struggling Rays. This is a sub .500 team since the ASG. This is no illusion.We had a nice year. We are not a great team.

I can agree with that, with the caveat that there are no great teams in the AL this year.

The only great team in baseball is the Cubs, and so far that's just for the regular season.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sad part is too, even if we make the playoffs, are we built for it? Our entire offense thrives on mistake pitches. You don't get many of those against the top teams. Our defense isn't as good anymore, and our most talented pitchers are our most inexperienced. I hoped we could get hot, and maybe we could, but this is a sobering series.

Ive been an Oriole fan for 55 years. I dont think the season is over. I just dont think this team makes the playoffs in any fashion. Sue me.

Not going to sue you and don't even disagree with you. Just annoyed by idiotic absolute proclamations--"the O's season is over" when it obviously isn't with a slim WC lead and 10 games to go in the season.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Camden Yards completely dead...mainly Sox fans left..just like the bad years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With Dan duquette signing guys like gallardo and giving Davis long term extensions and trading away prospects and draft picks every season it won't be long before those dark years are back permanently

Your user name makes it clear that you've been through enough ups and down with this team to keep things in perpective.

I'll bet you anything that the people who declared the season over after the Davis error and the Benetendi HR haven't been O's fans for very long.

I've been a fan for 42 years and declared the season over two months ago. Mathematical probabilities are one thing. People are talking about what they are seeing. A team that looks defeated. A team with major issues. I've seen enough baseball to know that these Orioles are not real contenders. I love them, always have, always will. I hope they score 5 in the 9th to win this game, win out the rest of the season, and kick butt all the way to a world series title. But none of that has any real chance of happening. Further, the future is not bright with the way we've neglected the farm system.

I'm not saying we'll hold on to the WC spot, I'm not saying we won't. I'm saying that the posters who just declared the season over after the 6th inning without even entertaining the possibility of a bounce back have very little understanding of the game of baseball.

I have plenty of knowledge. This team has been on a downward trend for too long, for this to just be a slump. You think with 10 games to go, they're going to all of a sudden be what they haven't been in over 2 months? Sure, they have a playoff spot...now. I personally don't think they will keep it. As a fan I hope they do. As someone that has watched this team struggle most of the 2nd half, common sense says otherwise. That doesn't mean I'm a bandwagon fan. Those are reserved for the Red Sux.

Not going to sue you and don't even disagree with you. Just annoyed by idiotic absolute proclamations--"the O's season is over" when it obviously isn't with a slim WC lead and 10 games to go in the season.

Oh go ahead and sue him. Just be sure to call it a reverse jinx first.

With Dan duquette signing guys like gallardo and giving Davis long term extensions and trading away prospects and draft picks every season it won't be long before those dark years are back permanently

I'm starting to come over to this side. Especially with the Red Sox youth movement that includes one of our guys.

Of course, everyone knows the season isn't over. I think what they mean is that this team is not going to make the wild card game especially with the games left to be played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, one error away from something special. Welp, let's hope for a WC spot. At least that's something. I pegged this team as an 84 win team, and they've been a lot more entertaining that I thought they'd be. It's been a fun season, so I'm hoping for a bit more at the end. But they just seem out of gas. 150 games was about as far as you could push this model and makeup before it just simply quit (I'm not saying the players).

If we win 3 out of our next 4 and have a 1-2 game lead in the Wild Card going into the final week of the season, people will be feeling much different.

I'm not overly optimistic, but winning 3 out of the next 4 with 3 against the Diamondbacks is not an impossible feat.

With 6 of those games on the road, where they've played outstanding ball, especially in Toronto. (sarcasm)

Archived