If This Team Mess Around And Finish Behind The Yankees...

ORIOLE33

There seem to be so many threads right now anticipating negative things that haven't actually happened and aren't necessarily likely to happen. I'll comment on those things if they actually occur.

As I was saying....

Hopefully, by the time we play the Yankees next weekend, they'll have been eliminated and won't give a damn.

Last year, an already-eliminated 78–81 Orioles team went into the Bronx and gave a damn.

Yanks had clinched a spot and were resting guys, we were intent on getting to .500. I don't expect Girardi to let his guys lay down, he's got a lot of pride, but they're not going to have quite the same intensity once they're out of it.

Yanks had clinched a spot and were resting guys, we were intent on getting to .500. I don't expect Girardi to let his guys lay down, he's got a lot of pride, but they're not going to have quite the same intensity once they're out of it.

They had clinched a spot but not home-field advantage, if I recall, at least not as of the start of the series.

Anyway, I'd like to believe you, but I suspect that if the Yankees have a chance to deny us either a playoff berth or the home field, or if they have a winning season on the line, they're going to play us with intensity.

They had clinched a spot but not home-field advantage, if I recall, at least not as of the start of the series.

Anyway, I'd like to believe you, but I suspect that if the Yankees have a chance to deny us either a playoff berth or the home field, or if they have a winning season on the line, they're going to play us with intensity.

They will play us very intensely. Girardi will have his guys ready.

o

(SEPTEMBER 24th)

The Yankees have lost 9 out of their last 12 games.

On July 31st, their record was 52-52 ........ unlike the Orioles, they had almost no margin for error at all over the final 2 months of the season in order for them to have had any realistic shot at a post-season berth.

o

They lost again today.

10 out of 13 for them, now.

o

They lost yet again.

11 out of 14 for them, now.

o

(SEPTEMBER 24th)

The Yankees have lost 9 out of their last 12 games.

On July 31st, their record was 52-52 ........ unlike the Orioles, they had almost no margin for error at all over the final 2 months of the season in order for them to have had any realistic shot at a post-season berth.

o

They lost again today.

10 out of 13 for them, now.

o

They lost yet again.

11 out of 14 for them, now.

o

Last night, the Orioles mathematically eliminated the Yankees from the postseason by beating the Blue Jays at the SkyDome.

Also, relating to the title of the thread, we are now four games ahead of NYY with three games to play which means we officially cannot finish behind the Yankees.

They had me worried for a minute. Glad the weathered the storm.

Archived