Would you sign in blood for a 3-3 finish?

Frobby

I agree, and Detroit isn't exactly a juggernaut aside from playing the Twins. And as you mention, 2-13 vs. Cleve, with a young Braves team on deck who want to end the season with momentum. I see 4-3 at best for Detroit this week, which would mean the O's would need 3-3 to clinch, 2-4 for a tiebreaker game with Jessica Alba in attendance with Hutchead. I wouldn't be surprised to see Detroit go 3-4 myself.

Not to mention Cleveland still playing for home field.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure I'd agree that DET has a soft schedule. They have four games against a first place team that they are 2-13 against this season, followed by three road games against a team that has won 7 of their last 8. I'd say the chances of them going 6-1 are about the same chances that I have of getting a date with Jessica Alba!

Sorry, I explained this on the other thread. CLE has lost two of its top three pitchers, and pitching is really the team's strength. If you look at the pitching matchups, I see DET as the favorites in 3 of the 4 games. I agree, 6-1 would still be a longshot but I would not dismiss DET yet.

I am not sure 3-3 gets us in. Not too worried about SEA but DET has a soft schedule. Plus there is a chance we pass TOR and get home field advantage. I like the upside of that scenario as well as I am petrified of the downside of DET going 6-1. So I say NO DEAL.

What is the rationale for saying Detroit has a soft schedule? They have four games against the Indians, who are still playing for the #1 seed. Their last three games are at Atlanta, which has been playing very well - seven wins in their last ten games.

What is the rationale for saying Detroit has a soft schedule? They have four games against the Indians, who are still playing for the #1 seed. Their last three games are at Atlanta, which has been playing very well - seven wins in their last ten games.

See post #34. Good point about ATL.

I would love to get in at 3-3 but I still hold out hope that we can get home field or possibly even knock the Jays out of the playoffs altogether. Just imagine how sweet it would be if we close out the season 5-1, knock out the Jays, and go into the WC with momentum rather than limping in with just enough wins to sneak in. I'd rather play for that scenario than take the guaranteed 3-3.

See post #34. Good point about ATL.

I would love to get in at 3-3 but I still hold out hope that we can get home field or possibly even knock the Jays out of the playoffs altogether. Just imagine how sweet it would be if we close out the season 5-1, knock out the Jays, and go into the WC with momentum rather than limping in with just enough wins to sneak in. I'd rather play for that scenario than take the guaranteed 3-3.

The nice thing about the last six games is that it doesn't really matter what the Tigers do if the Orioles take care of business.

Don't sleep on Seattle.

Seattle's also been a very streaky team this year. They've had two winning streaks of six games or more and three losing streaks of five games or more. They could easily run the table or lose all six games. Their unpredictability makes them a very dangerous team.

Seattle's also been a very streaky team this year. They've had two winning streaks of six games or more and three losing streaks of five games or more. They could easily run the table or lose all six games. Their unpredictability makes them a very dangerous team.

Sounds exactly like another team I know...

The Orioles would be nothing without those seven game winning streaks.

The Braves have played some decent baseball lately -- they won 7 in a row against the Nats, Mets and Marlins before losing on Saturday. They'll be playing at home in the final three games at Turner Field. I don't think they'll roll over for the Tigers. I guess we will find out!

This. Don't sleep on the braves.

They are 13-9 in September, during that time going 2-4 against the Nationals, but 4-2 against the Mets and 3-3 against the Marlins.

This is the final weekend of Turner Field. I live in Atlanta and plan on attending at least one game and many people I know who aren't even huge baseball fans plan to go to at least a game as well. For what its worth, all 3 games are nearly sold out... the stadium will be packed and loud with Braves fans.

Archived