The weather could play havoc with the end of the season

Frobby

What happens if Detroit is forced to play Monday and ends up tied with us, forcing a game 163?

I'm assuming there there isn't answer to this yet, but that would be wild!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/jaysonst">@jaysonst</a> is it possible they play 5 games in 5 days in 5 cities? Atlanta-Detroit-Baltimore-Toronto-Texas?</p>— Kyle Scott (@kscott2421) <a href="

">September 29, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Tigers game ends up being played on Monday it's obviously going to gain plenty of national attention.

Is there any chance the Commissioner steps in and forces Cleveland to play an honest lineup? It would kind of be an embarrassment to MLB to have that game played with a AAA lineup.

If the Tigers game ends up being played on Monday it's obviously going to gain plenty of national attention.

Is there any chance the Commissioner steps in and forces Cleveland to play an honest lineup? It would kind of be an embarrassment to MLB to have that game played with a AAA lineup.

I would hope the Commissioner has better things to do than tell a Manager how to do his job.

What happens if Detroit is forced to play Monday and ends up tied with us, forcing a game 163?

I'm assuming there there isn't answer to this yet, but that would be wild!

I think they'd have no choice but to play the tiebreaker game on Tuesday and push the AL Wild Card game to Wednesday.

It gets really complicated if there's somehow a three-way tie, which would involve two days of tiebreakers.

I doubt it. Wasn't there a controversy in the Rays-Yanks game at the end of 2011 because the Yanks removed 5-6 starters from the game despite it being a one-run game with playoff implications? Jeter, Granderson, Teixiera, Cano, Swisher, and Jones were long gone by the time Andino bumped the Sox and the Rays won to clinch a playoff birth. The Yanks also used 11 pitchers in a 12-inning game.

Archived