Mental Toughness to be Tested Tomorrow

ReclaimTheCrown

Piggybacking on my own thoughts....we face some fellow named Luis Cessa tomorrow (I know we have faced him before, but just don't think he is anything special) and we have our best starter going. We have everything to play for and the Yankees are just playing to be dicks. If we can't win tomorrow, we deserve to watch October from the couch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today's loss took a lot out of me. I'll be a wreck by tomorrow.

I doubt I'll sleep much tonight. I'm going to be exhausted by about 6-7pm tomorrow. I really want the home wildcard game, I like our chances if so.

The Yankees are going to be loose. The Orioles are going to be stiff as boards. I worry about Jones, Machado and Davis all trying to be heroes.

You're projecting your own anxiety onto the team, but our guys have handled pressure well. Besides, there's not that much pressure. We're playing beyond a Sunday no matter what. It's not win or go home.

Win or lose tomorrow, I will never, ever question the mental toughness of this team.

I agree that they have shown up in a big way before, but tomorrow will be the ultimate test for this team. Coming off a crushing loss, this will be a big test.

Piggybacking on my own thoughts....we face some fellow named Luis Cessa tomorrow (I know we have faced him before, but just don't think he is anything special) and we have our best starter going. We have everything to play for and the Yankees are just playing to be dicks. If we can't win tomorrow, we deserve to watch October from the couch.

Like they need tomorrow's game to convince us of that.

I fear that a young, hungry Yankee team will want nothing more then to spoil it for the Os. The Os will be tight and the Yankees will be playing with nothing to lose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really see the opposite. I think the Orioles will show up relaxed, ready and they'll put the hammer to 'em. Buck is a master psychologist - more than anything else, he understands how to motivate players and push buttons.

I believe the Orioles will walk over the soft, over-rated Yankee prospects tomorrow... right into the friggin' playoffs and eventually a very tight series with the Rangers.

I really see the opposite. I think the Orioles will show up relaxed, ready and they'll put the hammer to 'em. Buck is a master psychologist - more than anything else, he understands how to motivate players and push buttons.

I believe the Orioles will walk over the soft, over-rated Yankee prospects tomorrow... right into the friggin' playoffs and eventually a very tight series with the Rangers.

I don't buy this. Some players are grinding it. Others seem to be playing for their numbers. Cough, Machado, Jones, Davis, Alvarez, Scoop, cough. We better pray for Kim, Bourne, Trumbo, and Hardy come through.

Hardym

I don't buy this. Some players are grinding it. Others seem to be playing for their numbers. Cough, Machado, Jones, Davis, Alvarez, Scoop, cough. We better pray for Kim, Bourne, Trumbo, and Hardy come through.

Hardym

I guess we'll find out shortly... I was really just trying to give myself a pep talk. I don't know a lot about the Yankee players. I do think they've all been deemed the future Ruths, Gehrigs and Mantles... a bit too early.

I don't buy that our players are stiff, or that they rolled over, or that they stopped trying halfway through the game because they thought they were going to win. Sometimes it seems that the more important the game, the more people are eager to place success or failure on "the will to win" or other such assumptions.

Archived