25 man roster ?

bpilktree

I want Mancini as a pinch hit option for Kim off a lefty. If they start Bourn like I think then at that point Gibbons will have to decide a lefty vs Mancini or a RHP vs Alvarez. Buck could use 3 players at once for Kim late. Hope we go with 10 pitchers. I wouldn't normally have an issue with 11 buy the Jays are such a RH dominant team.

If they do keep 11 pitchers and if they trust Nolan over Stubbs on defense I would keep Mancini over Stubbs. I think Bourn starts for his glove and defense and with Trumbo at DH Buck doesn't have to take him out late for his glove.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While he does have more RBIs as an Oriole than Caleb can we please not have Stubbs on the playoff roster? He's your classic zero tool player at this point.

Well, Stubbs is an outstanding baserunner for one. He's stolen bases at an 87% clip with an XBT% of 50% and has been worth 6.7 BsR over the last three years. With how slow this team is, they badly need players with speed who can pinch-run in a close game. Reimold won't be able to do that but Stubbs would.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">O's roster <a href="https://t.co/0rxqMZGYa6">pic.twitter.com/0rxqMZGYa6</a></p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">October 4, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">O's roster <a href="https://t.co/PHyQNeOREj">pic.twitter.com/PHyQNeOREj</a></p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">October 4, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Would you put O'day on the roster??

Since returning from DL he has only been used in mop up rolls and has been ineffective

He is there. I am having issues on phone linking it. 10 pitchers. Stubbs, Mancini both on roster. No Worley, Hart and Duensing made it.

Glad we have extra position player. Guess they like how Duensing has looked. Him over Worley a little surprising. Maybe Ubaldo saved for extra innings. Bundy first from pen. Hope Tillman steps up.

DD said, you have to expect it to go extra innings, with so much at stake.

You keep a starter available for that purpose.

Bundy is long man, in case, Tilly needs to be pulled.

I'm not surprised Wilson and Worley were left off when Bundy/Jimenez are available for long relief.

The Jays also went with 10 pitchers and 15 position players. They are taking a chance with just 2 catchers and some Jays fans are saying that limits their ability to use Dioner Navarro as a PH. The Jays only LHBs are Saunders, Carrera, and Goins. Saunders has hit LHP beter this season and his career splits are very close for a LHB (.722 OPS vs RHP, .686 vs/ LHP). Carrera has similar, but even more extreme reverse splits (.649 career OPS vs RHP, .711 OPS career vs. RHP). I'm a little surprised the Orioles went with 2 matchup lefties.

Archived