The last 5 years: 444 wins

Frobby

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I consider this blasphemy. Boston has won enough in the past decade+ that it would be impossible for them to be much more annoying than they already are. The Blue Jays are arrogant as hell without having won a damn thing in recent memory, give them a WS title and they'll be absolutely insufferable. I also can't abide there being a THIRD different team in the AL East to have won a WS in the last decade (unless it's the Orioles).

Hell if this happens it would be the 4th different team to reach the WS in the last decade

About twenty years ago, I kept seeing 444 all over the place. I told my wife, this is really weird. License plates, numbers at work, phone numbers... I told her that I don't know what it means, if anything, but the number kept following me around. I was walking the dog and reading my phone when I saw this post. Immediately after, I found a penny heads up. No BS here, this happened. Again, I'm left wondering if it's meaningless or meaningful. Time will tell, but I kept the penny and it will be in my pocket tomorrow night:)

I remember, as I'm sure a lot of you do, when there were years we wondered who would be the lone All Star selection. Now we have a potential Cy Young winner, a top 5 MVP player, and potential Manager of the Year. And the HR Champ. Things really have changed.

I remember, as I'm sure a lot of you do, when there were years we wondered who would be the lone All Star selection. Now we have a potential Cy Young winner, a top 5 MVP player, and potential Manager of the Year. And the HR Champ. Things really have changed.

Four HR champs in a row. For the first time since Babe Ruth.

Buck Showalter is now 25th all time in managerial wins with 1429. His .521 win% is still a little low but trending up. Combined, his 114 wins >.500 rank 45th.

Basically, Buck is two 90-win seasons away from having some very good company on the all-time lists.

The last five years, the O's have won 444 games, tops in the American League, 10 ahead of the second place team, Texas. Also, we are one of only two AL clubs never to post a losing record in the last five years (the Yankees are the other). And, we've been to the playoffs three times. Not too shabby.

Would be nice to make a deep playoff run.

I agree it would.

Buck Showalter is now 25th all time in managerial wins with 1429. His .521 win% is still a little low but trending up. Combined, his 114 wins >.500 rank 45th.

Basically, Buck is two 90-win seasons away from having some very good company on the all-time lists.

Imagine if 1996 Buck had the experience and wisdom of 2016 Buck. He'd be Joe McCarthy. Luckily for us he controlled and micromanaged his way out of enough jobs to fall to a derelict franchise 13 years from its last postseason.

Archived