Disheartening quote from Duquette in this article

miggyfan

Reddick just looked like Trumbo.

It was one play. He didn't look good on that one, but it was a difficult play and at least he made an attempt to catch it off the wall.

Trumbo would have stopped five feet in front of the wall and taken it off the bounce. Good help is hard to find and so are good outfielders that can also hit.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was one play. He didn't look good on that one, but it was a difficult play and at least he made an attempt to catch it off the wall.

Trumbo would have stopped five feet in front of the wall and taken it off the bounce. Good help is hard to find and so are good outfielders that can also hit.

Or, "He looked like Trumbo."

It isn't Trumbo's fault he is scared of walls.

Do you think the O's increase cable fees to the fans this off season?

The Orioles can't just increase fees there are contracts with cable companies. And is mostly non-fans paying the costs. If the Orioles play hard ball the cable companies can just say we are going to make MASN a premium service like HBO. The cable companies are not required to carry MASN.

That wasn't true last off season. Dan added Miley at the deadline for almost 9M next year. That reduced the off season payroll flexibility.

We were all caught off-guard by the budget increase last offseason. My personal theory is that Wieters unexpectedly accepting the QO required it and we saw a good bit of improvising last winter with PA stepping up.

Miley staying and Trumbo leaving is a wash. Wieters and the rest leaving probably offsets the arb raises just enough to add a Steve Pearce-type or two and the offseason will be done. That's my expectation anyway so yeah, not much flexibility but I also get the impression that Buck will be just fine with that. But to reduce the budget for 2017 with fundamentally the same team returning would require cutting muscle and that strikes me as unlikely when it's already clear that 2018 is going to be filled with unknowns. Add to that the opportunity for some strategic trades if the O's are struggling at the halfway point next year, and I don't see a budget cut for 2017.

Archived