Was the Season Successful?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't recall an Orioles team that made me as angry as often as this one -- at Buck, at Adam, at Manny, at Davis, at Coolbaugh, at Manny, at Reimpold, at Schoop, at Gallardo.

But that's all gone now (well, almost all gone). As I look back, I definitely view this as a successful season: our record exceeded almost everyone's expectations, we played meaningful games in September and October, we ended the season with reasons for some confidence about next year's starting rotation, a few of our newcomers (Kim, Bundy, Mancini) showed some promise, and we stayed in the post-season race without trading any of our few valuable prospects.

I think we can build on this. (By the way, I hope those who advocate trading Zach have been watching the playoffs. I don't know of any study on this, but it sure seems that the teams that generate blown saves when they face mediocre closers are the kinds of teams you meet in the post-season.)

I don't recall an Orioles team that made me as angry as often as this one -- at Buck, at Adam, at Manny, at Davis, at Coolbaugh, at Manny, at Reimpold, at Schoop, at Gallardo.

But that's all gone now (well, almost all gone). As I look back, I definitely view this as a successful season: our record exceeded almost everyone's expectations, we played meaningful games in September and October, we ended the season with reasons for some confidence about next year's starting rotation, a few of our newcomers (Kim, Bundy, Mancini) showed some promise, and we stayed in the post-season race without trading any of our few valuable prospects.

I think we can build on this. (By the way, I hope those who advocate trading Zach have been watching the playoffs. I don't know of any study on this, but it sure seems that the teams that generate blown saves when they face mediocre closers are the kinds of teams you meet in the post-season.)

As long as Buck is the manager you can't use the playoffs as a reason to keep Britton. :P

Archived