BA Orioles top 10 prospects

jcarm

They seem bullish on Sisco's defense and consider his raw power average. First time I've heard that, but not surprising considering he hit one out to left center in Petco.

Top 8 seems about right to me, but no Peralta? Chris Lee at 9 is a bit of a surprise. I'm not sure he makes Tony's top 20. Tanner Scott at 10 is not a surprise. His 100 MPH fastball will keep him high on lists, but he's not a top 15 guy for me due to all of his other deficiencies.

On the thoughts of moving Mountcastle to LF; why not 2nd base - using Daniel Murphy as the mold? Murphy is a ver clumsly looking 2nd baseman, but assume he was moved to LF and was a slightly below averge ML LFer; would he have more value at 2nd base than LF?

On the thoughts of moving Mountcastle to LF; why not 2nd base - using Daniel Murphy as the mold? Murphy is a ver clumsly looking 2nd baseman, but assume he was moved to LF and was a slightly below averge ML LFer; would he have more value at 2nd base than LF?

Everyone but Dusty Baker wants Murphy moved to first base so I'm not sure that is a great comparison, but I would try him at 2B as well before left field. He's supposed to have good hands and decent athleticism.

I think the main reason you don't see more 6'3 or 6'4 guys at 2B is that most of those guys have arms for SS or 3B. Pretty rare to see a guy with his build have such a weak throwing arm.

Everyone but Dusty Baker wants Murphy moved to first base so I'm not sure that is a great comparison, but I would try him at 2B as well before left field. He's supposed to have good hands and decent athleticism.

I think the main reason you don't see more 6'3 or 6'4 guys at 2B is that most of those guys have arms for SS or 3B. Pretty rare to see a guy with his build have such a weak throwing arm.

Everyone but Dusty wants him to move, but who would play 2nd base then?

Archived