Tillman is Back

backwardsk

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Optimistically, he'll be ready by mid-April.    But that assumes the PRP injection has done the trick.

The Orioles cannot afford to operate merely on optimism, because...

Watch out the Orioles are always under estimating their injuries.

I think it's more cloak-and-dagger than that but either way... I want to know who the #6 starter is, or at least who will compete to fill in for Tillman.

Right now, it's probably Verrett, though if Ynoa shows good development this spring it could be him.  I'm not averse to them signing De La Rosa to a cheap deal - I don't know if he's any better than the other two though.

Dislike.  Dislike!  DISLIKE!!

$#%^@&&$(*)%(&(&@&#@

Not a good way to start the season off at all, the last thing we need is our best pitcher having shoulder problems that could linger all season.  $!#%@%&&**U#@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

47 minutes ago, wildcard said:

The O's gave Tillman 10m after they knew about the injection so they must believe that Tillman is worth that.   O's famous physicals and all.

Did they have any choice?   If the injection happened after the non-tender deadline?

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

The O's gave Tillman 10m after they knew about the injection so they must believe that Tillman is worth that.   O's famous physicals and all.

Correct. If they were too worried, they could have just non-tendered him and saved 10m.

Archived