Think Jered Weaver Would Like Crabcakes?

ELMERO

Plus a few bucks to come work for a year on the East Coast? "Fly ball pitcher" in "pitcher friendly" OPACY and "weak hitting" AL East?  Think his "junk" would work well between the "heaters" of Gausman and Bundy?  Wait a minute, that didn't sound right.  I meant to say, he, being a "junk ball" pitcher, might fit in the rotation between the hard throwing Gausman and Bundy.  Might mess up the timing of the opposing team's batters.  Could ya picture him and his shoulder length hair, wearing the Orange and Black?  Obviously, I'm joking around here, but, seriously, folks, a guy like him, might be able to hold down the fort, until Tillman gets back.  At least, he'd give us an indication of how good our OF defense really is.  Could make "leaping at the fences" an art form for Kim, Rickard, Trumbo and Smith.  They would be able to get it down to a science.  Adam already is one of the best at taking homers away.  So, should we attempt to sign Weaver for a year?  Ya never know, he might enjoy the challenge and where's he gonna get better crabcakes?

4 hours ago, ELMERO said:

Plus a few bucks to come work for a year on the East Coast? "Fly ball pitcher" in "pitcher friendly" OPACY and "weak hitting" AL East?  Think his "junk" would work well between the "heaters" of Gausman and Bundy?  Wait a minute, that didn't sound right.  I meant to say, he, being a "junk ball" pitcher, might fit in the rotation between the hard throwing Gausman and Bundy.  Might mess up the timing of the opposing team's batters.  Could ya picture him and his shoulder length hair, wearing the Orange and Black?  Obviously, I'm joking around here, but, seriously, folks, a guy like him, might be able to hold down the fort, until Tillman gets back.  At least, he'd give us an indication of how good our OF defense really is.  Could make "leaping at the fences" an art form for Kim, Rickard, Trumbo and Smith.  They would be able to get it down to a science.  Adam already is one of the best at taking homers away.  So, should we attempt to sign Weaver for a year?  Ya never know, he might enjoy the challenge and where's he gonna get better crabcakes?

I hope I never see Trumbo in RF. As for Weaver I don't much about him. 

3 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

Yeah... there are certainly some veteran arms out there that might be worth a flier, but I don't think Weaver's one of them.

1 minute ago, terps19 said:

Why is Fister still out there?  I would much rather have Fister of Weaver.  

Right. Doug Fister or Jorge de la Rosa are just as likely to like crabcakes but also better at throwing baseballs. 

1 minute ago, terps19 said:

Why is Fister still out there?  I would much rather have Fister of Weaver.  

Because, at this point, pitchers that are still available are better off just continuing to work out on their own while waiting for a couple teams to lose SPs to injury. Then you're suddenly a hot commodity again. Little bit of risk, yeah, in not signing... but given that the alternative is essentially accepting a Minor League deal, it's a risk worth taking if you're a guy like Doug Fister.

1 minute ago, Spy Fox said:

Right. Doug Fister or Jorge de la Rosa are just as likely to like crabcakes but also better at throwing baseballs. 

There hasn't been a lot of news on the Fister front, which is intriguing to me. You'd think an NL team would be happy to have him in the back half of their rotation, given the relatively affordable price.

Maybe the Cardinals will take a look now that Reyes is officially done.

If Fister can be had at a good price why not jump on him now or do you think he is intentionally saying no to offers so he can fleece someone when an injury comes up a la Tillman.  Tillman's status is thrown into doubt right now, and who do we have to take his spot if he is down for 2-3 months or even the season?  If the window is closing, then you need to throw all the eggs in the next two years and I think that means going out and getting a pitcher now to replace Tillman.  And heck if Tillman is healthy on opening day or shortly thereafter you could put Bundy back in the pen until another injury or roll with a 6 man rotation until either Wiley or Ulbaldo prove they are worth a DFA.    

1 minute ago, MDtransplant757 said:

I'd take Doug Fister and not feel bad about it. 

Exactly, thats a pretty safe insurance plan.  And you figure out what to do if and when everyone is healthy.  Bundy injury risk, Tillman injury risk, Guasman injury risk... 

Archived