Ghiroli: Manny becoming a leader

Frobby

17 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

I guess it will be. Sure glad the O's have him now. 

I'm still hoping the O's can extend him. Hoping he likes it here enough to where maybe $250m is enough money compared to the $300m he can get. Doubtful...but one can always hope.

8 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

It will be a shame to see him in a different uniform in two years...or less.

I was thinking that, too. I almost didn't read the OP, because I REALLY don't want to see Manny in a non-Orioles uniform. Hey, who knows? Maybe we'll be shocked and resign him.

19 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

It will be a shame to see him in a different uniform in two years...or less.

If it is the Red Sox or the Yankees, it will be a very long next ten years.   Very long.  I remember how long I was upset about Mussina.  And that will pale in comparison to Manny if he goes to the Dark Side. 

6 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

If it is the Red Sox or the Yankees, it will be a very long next ten years.   Very long.  I remember how long I was upset about Mussina.  And that will pale in comparison to Manny if he goes to the Dark Side

By dark side you mean if he decides to make a change in workplace to further his career?

Does another job exist where total strangers take it personally if you leave one employer for a better opportunity for yourself and your family?

Oh no, Davey quit working at Burger King so he could take that assistant manager job at Wendy's.  How could he go over to the dark side?

31 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

By dark side you mean if he decides to make a change in workplace to further his career?

Does another job exist where total strangers take it personally if you leave one employer for a better opportunity for yourself and your family?

Oh no, Davey quit working at Burger King so he could take that assistant manager job at Wendy's.  How could he go over to the dark side?

Tell Davey congratulations. Other than that, if Manny signed with the Red Sox or Yankees, yeah it's personal. I'm sure if the Orioles offered him $250m, his family would be just fine. 

Not many jobs exist where you can be a millionaire a 100 times over playing a game. So forgive me for not seeing your point of view.

7 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Tell Davey congratulations. Other than that, if Manny signed with the Red Sox or Yankees, yeah it's personal. I'm sure if the Orioles offered him $250m, his family would be just fine. 

Not many jobs exist where you can be a millionaire a 100 times over playing a game. So forgive me for not seeing your point of view.

It's a job.  Who are you to tell someone how much is enough?  You don't see me telling Taylor Swift that she has enough money and she should lower her ticket prices.

We have all heard the stories of entertainers and athletes ending up in debt despite their income.  Get what you can when you can.

31 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I won't hold it personally against Manny if he signs with the Yankees or Red Sox.    But will it be more painful for me and every other Orioles fan than if he signed with some non-rival?    Of course it would!

But let's not hijack this thread.   It's March 2017.    This article is about Manny helping to lead the younger players in our organization.    Let's celebrate that we're watching an extraordinary player play for our team.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I won't hold it personally against Manny if he signs with the Yankees or Red Sox.    But will it be more painful for me and every other Orioles fan than if he signed with some non-rival?    Of course it would!

But let's not hijack this thread.   It's March 2017.    This article is about Manny helping to lead the younger players in our organization.    Let's celebrate that we're watching an extraordinary player play for our team.

I'm not the one that sent it veering off course.  I was just trying to add a bit of perspective.

20 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's a job.  Who are you to tell someone how much is enough?  You don't see me telling Taylor Swift that she has enough money and she should lower her ticket prices.

We have all heard the stories of entertainers and athletes ending up in debt despite their income.  Get what you can when you can.

Taylor Swift isn't going to a rival team. Manny can do whatever he wants. Who are you to tell me to like it? 

And if Manny signs a $250m deal, and ends up in debt..he won't get any pitty from me.

1 minute ago, Dark Helmet said:

Taylor Swift isn't going to a rival team. Manny can do whatever he wants. Who are you to tell me to like it? 

And if Manny signs a $250m deal, and ends up in debt..he won't get any pitty from me.

Where did I tell you to like it?  Oh wait, I didn't.

I wouldn't like it if Manny signs with the Yankees.

I'm done sidetracking this thread.

Archived