Adam "Real American Hero" Jones

ChuckS

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Kind of like reminding everybody that it was Prescott who warned the American colonists about the British coming, not Paul Revere. Revere was detained by the British for several hours, while Samuel Dawes took a spill on his horse, leaving Prescott to alert the American colonists about the British.

Sounds like "alternate facts" to me...

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

If I can be contrarian just for a moment ......  it's a very good catch, but this picture shows Jones really wasn't at full extension. He's what, 18 inches off the ground? It's a very good play, but we've seen him make many tougher catches in his career.  

16 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Kind of like reminding everybody that it was Prescott who warned the American colonists about the British coming, not Paul Revere. Revere was detained by the British for several hours, while William Dawes took a spill on his horse, leaving Prescott to alert the American colonists about the British.

5 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Sounds like "alternate facts" to me ...

o

It's not.

The Revere myth/Longfellow's poem are the alternate facts

From Buck this morning...

“The thing I loved about it the most was there was a Yankee fan that was trying to get into the field of play that he took it away from. That was probably the highlight for me. Sorry.”

MASN, Roch

I love Buck!  

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

If I can be contrarian just for a moment:  it's a very good catch, but this picture shows Jones really wasn't at full extension.  He's what, 18 inches off the ground?    It's a very good play but we've seen him make many tougher catches in his career.    

Not sure what you're looking at. His arm is fully extended just not directly over his head. He timed the jump perfectly.

I think what was maybe unnoticed was his positioning. He certainly had to go back but the angle shows he was deeper to start. That would "bode" well.

1 minute ago, Il BuonO said:

Not sure what you're looking at. His arm is fully extended just not directly over his head. He timed the jump perfectly.

I think what was maybe unnoticed was his positioning. He certainly had to go back but the angle shows he was deeper to start. That would "bode" well.

Manny was up.

1 minute ago, Il BuonO said:

Who is team USA's outfield coach?

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

For all the talk of him making plays like that all the time, when was the last time Jones went over the wall for a HR?  I'd be willing to bet it wasn't last season.

He and Davis were both very hurt last season.

Archived