Issues with Brady?

notfast

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy bleeds O's orange. The only problem is in the eyes of those who want to have a problem. If any coach doesn't appreciate the work he does with players, it's up to them to voice the issue at the point. To do so once you are in another organization is petty stuff and should be ignored.

Very good article. I think sometimes Rosenthal goes out of his way to take shots at the team but this was well done. I know Wieters has his critics but he doesn't come across as someone that complains a lot. The fact that he said something tells me that he must have made at least him feel uncomfortable.

I swear the first time I heard Brady working for the Orioles was after DD was hired. They certainly didn't promote his hiring back in 2010. I don't remember it. It seemed like all the sudden out of the blue he was working for the team. 

This is a good read.  I'm about halfway through it.  Very eye opening about Wright.  We see Wright being demonstrative on the mound and cringe at his responses in interviews.  But when you have people in the organization telling you two to three things that can be conflicting you can understand the frustration.

15 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Very good article. I think sometimes Rosenthal goes out of his way to take shots at the team but this was well done. I know Wieters has his critics but he doesn't come across as someone that complains a lot. The fact that he said something tells me that he must have made at least him feel uncomfortable.

I swear the first time I heard Brady working for the Orioles was after DD was hired. They certainly didn't promote his hiring back in 2010. I don't remember it. It seemed like all the sudden out of the blue he was working for the team. 

Yet, by the same token, we know Adam Jones never hesitates to speak his mind... and his review of Brady was about as positive as you can get. Wieters came off like sour grapes after what's happened with him the last two offseasons.

If someone wants to work for the Orioles they have to figure out how to work with Brady.  Buck and Dan both figured it out.  Wallace and Chiti apparently from this article did not.  I guess it was time for them to go. 

The thing about Wright is pretty low level to me.  Here is a 27 year old pitcher that has not established himself in the majors yet.  Who knows if he ever will?

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

If someone wants to work for the Orioles they have to figure out how to work with Brady.  Buck and Dan both figured it out.  Wallace and Chiti apparently from this article did not.  I guess it was time for them to go. 

The thing about Wright is pretty low level to me.  Here is a 27 year old pitcher that has not established himself in the majors yet.  Who knows if he ever will?

Well I think it gets such play in the story because it was obviously a source of major contention between Anderson and the pitching coaches last season. So it made for an ideal anecdote.

A couple of things: 

• This all comes from the top. This is how management works. I'm actually happy to see collaboration between Buck, Duquette and Brady. 
  • If there is ambiguity with a role, especially w/ a player turned management, that person is going to take freedoms
  • Brady has been with the organization in a management/player health role since 2010. We haven't heard *any* rumblings about malcontent in nearly 7 years. 
  • The issue becomes if there are competing messages with the players. Not sure if there was/is...but that's mostly what I care about.
  • This hubris with Chiti and Wallace I mostly don't care much about. We haven't heard much prior to now...and now that they're with the Braves, you're going to see more smoke/blowing off steam. Guess what? Management argues. Management has different opinions. As long as they respect one another and don't collude/conspire behind the scenes...I don't care if it's not a perfect separation of powers.
  • I don't like Duquette's comments that insinuate that Anderson was an Angelos hire and that he doesn't have control over him. This isn't a vote of confidence...and it's a continued issue with Duquette. A severe lack of professionalism when it comes to using the media as a weapon.

1 minute ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

After reading this, I am glad that Wallace and Chiti are gone. The Orioles are very fortunate to have a guy like Brady working for them. The guy definitely deserves every penny that he makes. It will be interesting to see what Roger McDowell thinks of Brady.

Mr. Rosenthal makes very good use of the knowledge he acquired 25 years ago. In long form. He knows how to get comments and what the names and numbers are.  There is good info here to be considered. 

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

Yeah, this sort of stuff probably happens in every organization. Does anyone think Buck would allow a "cancer" in the clubhouse? Wieters should have worked out with Brady more and maybe he'd be in better shape!

Archived