Ubaldo Jimenez Today, 2017

OFFNY

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I predicted in the game thread that Dan will package him with the competitive balance pick to either the Red or the Padres a couple weeks before the draft.

Wouldn't surprise me. Then Ubaldo can cost us two picks to go along with his mediocre pitching.

15 minutes ago, ba9oriole said:

Just have Mike Wright take Ubaldo's spot in the rotation and make Ubaldo the clubhouse janitor. He'd literally be more productive scrubbing toilets than being a guaranteed loss every fifth day.

Mike Wright could actually be worse than Jimenez. Aquino, Ynoa, or Lee are all guys I'd rather have in the rotation over Jimenez and Wright.

15 minutes ago, ba9oriole said:

My point is that there is no doubt that Ubaldo will never be good enough to even pitch batting practice. I don't care who it is, just put somebody else in. I don't care if we have to forklift Sidney Ponson onto the mound, find someone who can pitch. 

Mike Wright can't even get out of the 4th inning in a minor league game. He'd be worse than Jimenez. Atleast Jimenez seems like a good dude and sucks. Wright comes off as a dbag and sucks. I'd actually prefer Jimenez if we're staying with a bad pitcher.

13 minutes ago, ba9oriole said:

Anybody with a brain that functions properly would know I was just saying him as an example and there are obviously other players. Then again, maybe that's why you wear a helmet.

Anyone with a brain, wouldn't list Mike Wright as a viable replacement. Then again, after your dbag response to Roy Firestone, it's not surprising.

14 minutes ago, ba9oriole said:

You give everyone a chance until they show they can't pitch. It's a new year, give Mike Wright a chance. Do I think Mike Wright would succeed? Probably not. But Ubaldo sure as hell can't pitch so try someone else. It's not rocket science, or in your case maybe I should say, "it's not tying your shoes."

I could say more...but your not worth another suspension from this board. I mean, your juvenile insults come across a little bit like an amateur. 

And you are correct, it isn't rocket science. Yet, you still can't quite grab a hold of the concept.. Mike Wright isn't a MLB starting pitcher. 

14 minutes ago, ba9oriole said:

Nice strawman argument claiming I said Mike Wright was the only option. You just can't stop talking about him, can you?

No, you also mentioned Sidney Ponson. You brought him up, I just gave reasons why he wouldn't be my choice. 

I tried to be mature about it...obviously something you aren't capable of. 

• PaulFolk locked and unlocked this topic
3 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

So, how long will they trot Jimenez out there before they reach a tolerable amount of salary to eat? I'm already done with Ubaldo. Enough is enough.

If it were my call, I'd look to trade Ubaldo + cash for whatever portion of his $13M salary the receiving team requires.  I'd take back anything of value (except a player who requires an active roster spot) that would cause the MLB to approve the transaction .

I am confident that we could piece together more starter innings and a lower ERA in replacing Ubaldo by experimenting with a combination of starts from the variety-pack that Dan Duquette has already assembled.

While I'm under no illusions about Ubaldo, I'm not going to go nuts based on one poor start.   I still think he's capable of having a year like he did in 2015.     Despite what he did last year, I think he gets all of April and most of May before they even consider dropping him from the rotation.   

Archived