2017 Attendance Thread

OFFNY

o

3-Game Set vs. YANKEES ))))))) (April 6th, 7th, and 8th)

25,248 )l) (54.9% Full)

38,916 )l) (84.7% Full)

42,487 )l) (84.7% Full)

TOTAL )ooooolooooo))))  106,651

3-GAME AVERAGE ))ll)lll.))  35,550

o

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The yard was packed yesterday.  Traffic was awful.  We had 10 people coming to the game for my parent's 40th anniversary.  We were on the exit ramp an hour before game time and missed the first inning.  We dropped my parents and brother (all of whom require wheelchair assistance) at the plaza behind home plate about 10 minutes before the game.  Of course, our Lot B handicapped parking was useless and we ended up parking in the handicapped section right next to M&T Bank Stadium.  It's a good thing we'd left the worst of us behind at the stadium.  Getting them into the stadium was difficult, but once we got in, we were able to secure wheelchairs from fan assistance and get them to the seats.  I have to say, the guy who worked there was hands down, the most pleasant and personable person I have ever had the pleasure of working with the an Orioles game.  He was accommodating and understanding and did everything he could to help.  Our usher was also extremely helpful.  She had to chase about 6 folks out of our 10 seats.  We were in the bottom of the second by the time we got seated.  My parents were excited by their scoreboard surprise late in the game and everyone had a good time, the last two innings not withstanding.  We had a couple issues with the handicapped drop-off point. First, we couldn't get into the service road because the traffic "cop" told us we had to go up to the service entrance, which was then blocked by cones.  We moved one so we could get through, which led to a dressing down by another woman (who didn't seem to be in any kind of uniform) about how we couldn't move the cone.  Second, coming back to pick them up, the players were leaving and they had the service road blocked to one lane with the players cars headed the wrong way down the road.  That made it very difficult to navigate the service road back up to the plaza.  Seems like they need a better solution for that.  Minor issues, but they might help someone else trying to get to the game with some older folks.  

Once again, my son was disappointed that despite standing, dancing, and frantically waving his brook and dustpan, he never made it on the scoreboard.  I keep telling him maybe next time.

• 2 weeks later...

o

3-Game Set vs. RED SOX ))))))) (April 21st, 22nd, and 23rd)

34,442 )l) (74.9% Full)

35,457 )l) (77.1% Full)

35,522 )l) (77.3% Full)

TOTAL )ooooolooollllllllll.llllllloo)l)))  105,421

3-GAME AVERAGE )).l)ll).)))  35,140

o

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

We played a weekend series with Boston in April 2015 and drew 117,918.   So, this year was down about 12,500 compared to that weekend.    Not overly encouraging.

I think rain and/or the threat of rain had a drag on this weekends attendance. I was part of a group of 7 that ended up canceling on Saturday night.

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

We played a weekend series with Boston in April 2015 and drew 117,918.   So, this year was down about 12,500 compared to that weekend.    Not overly encouraging.

I don't feel like there were as many Red Sox fans as usual.  There definitely were some, but most people I saw seemed to be Orioles fans.  The Red Sox fans I did see were every bit as annoying as usual.

I thought the attendance was solid over the weekend. The attendance this series will stink if they get the games in. I wonder if we will hear the typical foolish comments as usual. I hope at some point people actually apply common sense and logic to this topic. 

5 hours ago, eddie83 said:

I thought the attendance was solid over the weekend. The attendance this series will stink if they get the games in. I wonder if we will hear the typical foolish comments as usual. I hope at some point people actually apply common sense and logic to this topic. 

The weather looks really crappy. Heard they will try to get the gamer in today. Perhaps play a day game on Thursday if they need too.

9 hours ago, eddie83 said:

Advantage or disadvantage to the Rays? They're used to playing in an empty stadium, but not to being exposed to the elements.  :noidea:

11, 472 for last night's dreary game.    The last two nights, I think we've seen what rock bottom looks like.     They should do a bit better tonight with the skies clearing and slightly warmer temperatures.

First 10 games 2017:  296,449

First 10 games 2016:  194,265

It's not really a fair comparison, because this year the first 10 games included weekend series with the Yankees and the Red Sox, whereas last year we had two weekend games with the Rays (the third game was rained out) and one weekend game with the White Sox in the first 10 games.     Still, it's nice to see the attendance off to a decent start despite the small crowds the last two nights.    

Archived