You can move it if does not belong in this section. I remember he was talking to Manny at Fanfest  and told him to be more calm on the field.

The family of Mo Gaba — an enthusiastic 11-year-old Baltimore Orioles superfan who has beaten cancer twice and has gained a local following with calls to sports-talk radio programs — got another round of bad news recently.

Following two previous diagnoses of retinoblastoma, the blind Glen Burnie fifth-grader was diagnosed with osteosarcoma, a type of bone cancer, and had to be taken out of his classes George Cromwell Elementary for treatment beginning late last month, said his mother, Sonsy Gaba. He'll likely miss the rest of the school year.

The Orioles invited Mo to throw out the ceremonial first pitch at a Sunday game in a recent series against the New York Yankees. His review? "It was really cool," he said. "I never knew that was going to happen."

Mo has faith in the team, which leads the American League East in the first month of the season.

"They're off to a good start right now," he said. "The record they have now, if they can keep that up, they can go pretty far."

Upon hearing of the latest diagnosis, fans of Mo's who have heard him on 105.7 The Fan and Mix 106.5 donated more than $13,400 for his family's expenses on an online GoFundMe page titled "Mo Strong."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-orioles-fan-fundraiser-20170425-story.html

• 11 months later...
On 4/26/2017 at 7:49 AM, Going Underground said:

You can move it if does not belong in this section. I remember he was talking to Manny at Fanfest  and told him to be more calm on the field.

The family of Mo Gaba — an enthusiastic 11-year-old Baltimore Orioles superfan who has beaten cancer twice and has gained a local following with calls to sports-talk radio programs — got another round of bad news recently.

Following two previous diagnoses of retinoblastoma, the blind Glen Burnie fifth-grader was diagnosed with osteosarcoma, a type of bone cancer, and had to be taken out of his classes George Cromwell Elementary for treatment beginning late last month, said his mother, Sonsy Gaba. He'll likely miss the rest of the school year.

The Orioles invited Mo to throw out the ceremonial first pitch at a Sunday game in a recent series against the New York Yankees. His review? "It was really cool," he said. "I never knew that was going to happen."

Mo has faith in the team, which leads the American League East in the first month of the season.

"They're off to a good start right now," he said. "The record they have now, if they can keep that up, they can go pretty far."

Upon hearing of the latest diagnosis, fans of Mo's who have heard him on 105.7 The Fan and Mix 106.5 donated more than $13,400 for his family's expenses on an online GoFundMe page titled "Mo Strong."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-orioles-fan-fundraiser-20170425-story.html

o

My apologies for not bumping this, and starting a new thread.

o

3 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

My apologies for not bumping this, and starting a new thread.

o

No biggie. A sad but nice story. I heard him call in on 105.7 a week ago. We argue over some stuff that is probably not that important  but this is real .Also i think you are a Met fan and the Grande Orange died.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/remembering-life-career-baseball-icon-rusty-staub-gallery-1.3851845?utm_content=buffer4a5de&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw

Archived