How has Gausman gotten this screwed up?

Frobby

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/22/2017 at 9:56 AM, NickM21 said:

Lock it up: Next Jake Arrieta (for another team).

Speaking of Jake, the Cubs catcher totally threw him under the bus for the Nats stealing 7 bases last night.  From MSN Sports:

WASHINGTON — Chicago Cubs catcher Miguel Montero blamed pitcher Jake Arrieta for allowing seven stolen bases in a 6-1 

loss to the Washington Nationals on Tuesday night.

Montero unloaded on Arrieta for his slow delivery not giving him a chance to throw out baserunners.

"It really sucked because the stolen bases go to me, and when you really look at it, the pitcher doesn't give me any time," Montero said. "So it's just like, 'Yeah ok Miggy can't throw nobody out,' but my pitcher doesn't hold anybody on. ...

"That's the reason why they were running left and right today because they know he was slow to the plate. Simple as that. It's a shame that it's my fault because I didn't throw anybody out."

5 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Speaking of Jake, the Cubs catcher totally threw him under the bus for the Nats stealing 7 bases last night.  From MSN Sports:

While everything Montero said is probably true, it's really poor form for him to say that to reporters.    

That kind of talk is not good for team harmony.  

And Montero's a 33 year old veteran - been in the bigs since 2006, a 2-time all-star.  

In Jake's 15 other starts this year, he's given up a total of 8 steals, so it's usually not a huge problem.  Montero should have just praised the Nats and acknowledged that Trea Turner's a freakazoid.      

1 hour ago, Ruzious said:

That kind of talk is not good for team harmony.  

And Montero's a 33 year old veteran - been in the bigs since 2006, a 2-time all-star.  

In Jake's 15 other starts this year, he's given up a total of 8 steals, so it's usually not a huge problem.  Montero should have just praised the Nats and acknowledged that Trea Turner's a freakazoid.      

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

While everything Montero said is probably true, it's really poor form for him to say that to reporters.    

Apparently, the Cubs didn't like it either. Montero DFA

On 6/27/2017 at 9:25 PM, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. BLUE JAYS, 6/27)

Solid game overall.

This was Gausman's 2nd consecutive outing in which he was at least decent or better.

o

o

Today's game was Gausman's 3rd consecutive outing in which he was at least decent or better.

o

• 5 weeks later...

o

3 outings ago against the Rangers, 89% of the outs that he recorded (16 out of 18) came via the Strikeout and the Groundout.

2 outings ago against the Devil Rays, 83% of the outs that Gausman recorded (15 out of 18) came via the Strikeout and the Groundout.

In his last outing against the Rangers, 81% of the outs that Gausman recorded (21 out of 26) came via the Strikeout and the Groundout.

ALSO OF NOTE: ) Gausman currently has a string 15.67 consecutive scoreless innings, and has ceded a grand total of 1 run over his last 3 starts (20.67 Innings Pitched.)

Just prior to back-to-back clunkers on July 7th and July 14th, Gausman had 2 consecutive scoreless outings on June 27th and July 2nd ........ so in 5 out of his last 7 outings, Gausman gave up 1 Run over 33 Innings pitched.

o

Archived