June 5th @ Twins

Lefty0315

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another solid start by Olson. 6 1/3, 2 ER (runner on could become his 3 ER), 1 K, 1 BB.

If he can keep this up and end up a 3.50-4.00 ERA guy in the majors, the O's will be in great shape. IMO, by 2011, he will be no higher than the #5 guy in the rotation. With Tiilman, Arrieta, now Matusz, DCab, Guts, Loewen, Liz, Erbe, Spoone, and even Patton, along with sleepers like David Hernandez, Penn, Bascom, and Beato. If we can get that kind of production out of our #5 starter, we will have one hell of a rotation!

Another solid start by Olson. 6 1/3, 2 ER (runner on could become his 3 ER), 1 K, 1 BB.

If he can keep this up and end up a 3.50-4.00 ERA guy in the majors, the O's will be in great shape. IMO, by 2011, he will be no higher than the #5 guy in the rotation. With Tiilman, Arrieta, now Matusz, DCab, Guts, Loewen, Liz, Erbe, Spoone, and even Patton, along with sleepers like David Hernandez, Penn, Bascom, and Beato. If we can get that kind of production out of our #5 starter, we will have one hell of a rotation!

And, oh yeah, Albers and JJ if we ever needed a spot start :D Although, I would prefer to leave MA and JJ where they are, as they are both dynamic relievers.

And, oh yeah, Albers and JJ if we ever needed a spot start :D Although, I would prefer to leave MA and JJ where they are, as they are both dynamic relievers.

Yeah, I left them out on purpose because with our pitching depth, I think they end up in the pen long-term. They are extremely valuable that way too. Each can pitch 2 solid innings (and 3 when needed) and both have come through in the clutch. At least pitching wise, the future is extremely bright for the O's.

Archived