Heyman: Dodgers interested in Britton

Luke-OH

1 minute ago, Black Bat said:

Wow.  That's quite an infusion of talent that this team could use.  Thanks for the feedback and assessments of prospects.  You didn't mention him but I really like that #2 prospect Verdugo. 

There was a debate about him be available so I avoided him. Also because he's an OF with speed but only a few homeruns in the PCL this season in 300 ABs. 

We have Mullins and Hays on the way and Rickard. 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ISU94 said:

It's not like we need to win 7+ of the next 10 and Britton needs to close them all out for teams to be cool with Britton. Teams will likely have scouts at the game and watch how he pitches and if they think he's back on track or headed that way. He doesn't need to close games to show he's back or would be a good piece for a team to acquire. Hell, LAD probably won't even use him as a closer.

Right ... the chances of Britton having 7 save chances in the next 10 games with our rotation is almost 0

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

Look at our next 4 series opponents going .500 would be a major Victory with our starting pitching. And very unlkely

Agreed, but if we were able to play above .500 in that span, the picture would look considerably different. Unlike some here, I will be rooting for that outcome.   But I won't be surprised if it doesn't happen.

15 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I guess it would be based on how they rank overall.

here is what i said based off the Chapman deal. Yankees got Torres the 25th best prospect in baseball plus 3 others for 2 months of Chapman.

I'd be asking for 

Yadier Alvarez, Willie Calhoun, Walker Buelher, Starling Heredia, and Mitchell White.

Buehler is a great looking prospect 

https://dodgersway.com/2017/05/19/dodgers-prospect-walker-buehler/

Calhoun is close to ready power hitting if.

Heredia is hitting .470 on the year with power and only a 1/5 K Rate

And White is an SP prospect with more than a K per inning and hasn't given up a dinger in his 2 season minor league career

Take out Alvarez and I could see it happening. No way we get 3 top 5 prospects in the system and a high upside one in Heredia imo.

17 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I guess it would be based on how they rank overall.

here is what i said based off the Chapman deal. Yankees got Torres the 25th best prospect in baseball plus 3 others for 2 months of Chapman.

I'd be asking for 

Yadier Alvarez, Willie Calhoun, Walker Buelher, Starling Heredia, and Mitchell White.

Buehler is a great looking prospect 

https://dodgersway.com/2017/05/19/dodgers-prospect-walker-buehler/

Calhoun is close to ready power hitting if.

Heredia is hitting .470 on the year with power and only a 1/5 K Rate

And White is an SP prospect with more than a K per inning and hasn't given up a dinger in his 2 season minor league career

Why would Zach Britton fetch a significantly better return than the White Sox just got for Quintana?

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Agreed, but if we did it, the picture would look considerably different. Unlike some here, I will be rooting for that outcome.   But I won't be surprised if it doesn't happen.

Even if it does...I have zero idea how a rotation consisting of Bundy-Gaus-Tilly-Miley-Ubaldo has any chance of making any noise even if something miraculous happens and we make the playoffs. That rotation is not good at all. I'd imagine Tilly will get better and Gaus is pretty much at his low point I'd imagine, but still.

In our minors, the top prospects are outfielders or expected (Mountcastle, Sisco?) to become outfielders, so why are so many people demanding outfielders in the trade.  Robles may be ranked #4, but right now he's being outhit by Hays and Mullins.  Verdugo is a level closer, but is he that much better.  Shouldn't we concentrate our demands on our needs?

4 minutes ago, Pheasants said:

In our minors, the top prospects are outfielders or expected (Mountcastle, Sisco?) to become outfielders, so why are so many people demanding outfielders in the trade.  Robles may be ranked #4, but right now he's being outhit by Hays and Mullins.  Verdugo is a level closer, but is he that much better.  Shouldn't we concentrate our demands on our needs?

Because you get the best value pieces. I'd rather get a prospect that could be a very good OF than a prospect that could be an average 3B/1B that may not make it at all.

Get the best value, worry about it later. Not all these guys pan out (Mountcastle and co. included).

3 minutes ago, Pheasants said:

True but the odds of all these guys panning out are slim to none.  And if we end up having 4 good OF, we can trade one. 

9 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Even if it does...I have zero idea how a rotation consisting of Bundy-Gaus-Tilly-Miley-Ubaldo has any chance of making any noise even if something miraculous happens and we make the playoffs. That rotation is not good at all. I'd imagine Tilly will get better and Gaus is pretty much at his low point I'd imagine, but still.

Obviously the pitching would need to be much better than it's been so far this year.    That's a key thing I'd be watching in the next 10-14 days.

6 minutes ago, Pheasants said:

Victor Robles is younger than both Hays and Mullins, and when watching, his skills jump out at you quite a bit more.

1 hour ago, ISU94 said:

Take out Alvarez and I could see it happening. No way we get 3 top 5 prospects in the system and a high upside one in Heredia imo.

If a player needs to be swooped it would be Calhoun as the Os need pitching to turn around quick. 

I look through their prospects and only Calhoun and Alvarez are top 5 

1 hour ago, ISU94 said:

It's not like we need to win 7+ of the next 10 and Britton needs to close them all out for teams to be cool with Britton. Teams will likely have scouts at the game and watch how he pitches and if they think he's back on track or headed that way. He doesn't need to close games to show he's back or would be a good piece for a team to acquire. Hell, LAD probably won't even use him as a closer.

I get that, but even though Buck doesn't believe in the save rule, where do you think he is going to put Britton?  Unless we completely crap the bed and he just needs some work, we will only see Britton in games he needs to close it out and if he succeeds often in the next week or so it may be less likely they sell and if he fails his value will be hurt.  I just think it's an interesting dynamic. 

1 hour ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Why would Zach Britton fetch a significantly better return than the White Sox just got for Quintana?

The deal is comparable to what the Yankees got for Chapman. Adding a player for 1year. The stud reliever appears to have more value than a non stud SP. Quintana is a good pitcher but he's not a stud 

Archived