Teams that could/should be interested in Britton

Roll Tide

It would be nice to see a bidding war between LAD, Nats and the AL teams for Britton and Brach.  LAD could just get both of them to keep them away from the Nats.  

Anytime you can get back SP and everyday players back for RP it is a plus.  What good is a BP going to do the rest of the season for us.  We should try for a top 5 pick.  

Don't we get a 1st rd comp pick next year?  The teams that get comp picks now just rotate between rounds 1 and 2 each year?  I think.  

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It would be nice to see a bidding war between LAD, Nats and the AL teams for Britton and Brach.  LAD could just get both of them to keep them away from the Nats.  

Anytime you can get back SP and everyday players back for RP it is a plus.  What good is a BP going to do the rest of the season for us.  We should try for a top 5 pick.  

Don't we get a 1st rd comp pick next year?  The teams that get comp picks now just rotate between rounds 1 and 2 each year?  I think.  

Competetive balance pick. Round A.

Dream scenario for the O's,

Britton to LAD for Alvarez, Buehler, and Calhoun

Brach, Castillo, Smith and $$$$ to TB for Honeywell

O'day to Wash for Voth and Luis Garcia

Castillo and Smith make sense for the Rays, I'm not just giving them junk.  I don't like the Nats farm system for Brach or Britton.  Fedde is 24 and struggling in AA.  

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Castillo and Smith make sense for the Rays, I'm not just giving them junk.  I don't like the Nats farm system for Brach or Britton.  Fedde is 24 and struggling in AA.  

Is there any precedent in baseball history of three veterans being traded for a single prospect? I'm struggling to think of one, and this one doesn't work either. The Rays don't need a catcher -- they have Ramos. I also don't think they'd be interested in someone with as poor pitch-framing numbers as Castillo.

49 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Maybe but Andrew Miller got only a #44 and #91 ranked prospect with an extra year of control an a healthy forearm, I expect a similar return from Britton

Miller and Britton aren't comps. Zach has 2 years of lights out closing. Miller did not have that resume. The return will be Chapman plus if Britton is healthy and effective the next few weeks. With the extra year I'd be looking for 4 players 2 top 30 MLB list and two others lower minors guys. And it doesn't matter if the Dodgers don't want him to close. That doesn't change his value in the market... just not the right match team wise.

2 minutes ago, PaulFolk said:

Is there any precedent in baseball history of three veterans being traded for a single prospect? I'm struggling to think of one, and this one doesn't work either. The Rays don't need a catcher -- they have Ramos. I also don't think they'd be interested in someone with as poor pitch-framing numbers as Castillo.

Ramos has a hamstring issue that's caused him to miss the last two games.  Plus his knees.  Castillo would be an insurance policy.  Gotta think if they were to trade Honeywell, they would want to gear up and cover their bases.   

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Ramos has a hamstring issue that's caused him to miss the last two games.  Plus his knees.  Castillo would be an insurance policy.  Gotta think if they were to trade Honeywell, they would want to gear up and cover their bases.   

I don't think the Rays would want to risk Castillo picking up his option.

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Miller and Britton aren't comps. Zach has 2 years of lights out closing. Miller did not have that resume. The return will be Chapman plus if Britton is healthy and effective the next few weeks. With the extra year I'd be looking for 4 players 2 top 30 MLB list and two others lower minors guys. And it doesn't matter if the Dodgers don't want him to close. That doesn't change his value in the market... just not the right match team wise.

Plus the Dodgers have to be thinking that this is their year.  Looks like they'll be facing a 90+ win team in the first round.  They could win 100 games, win the NL West, and get bounced again in the first round.  Washington would be in the same boat, but they don't have what it takes to land Britton.  

LA has so many assets.  I hope the consolidate some and "Go for it."  Plus I really want them to beat Wash, NYY, and BOS in the playoffs.  

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The Orioles aren't going to trade three of their veterans and get only one minor league player in return. Not going to happen. I know Honeywell is pretty highly touted, but it's just not realistic.

7 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

That trade would be a steal for us. 

Dude , teams trade for veteran players at the deadline.  They trade multiple prospect for a veteran player and not the other way around. Your scenario has zero chance of happening and is so out of the box that it borders more on lunacy than fantasy.

31 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Wouldn't it be unlike the Rays to trade Honewell?

More likely they move an older guy like Archer to create a rotation spot for him.

23 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Miller had sore arm and a sore arm history. He also had a huge contract to go along with it. And he was worth it. But he was not Britton. 

18 minutes ago, weams said:

Miller had sore arm and a sore arm history. He also had a huge contract to go along with it. And he was worth it. But he was not Britton. 

And he did not the history of closing which is a big difference. 

Archived