Sell Tillman

Bahama O's Fan

10 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Tillman has had 2 bad season since 2012, and this is one of them ...... so I don't believe that the Orioles would get much at all for him right now.

He will be hitting free agency at season's end, so the only good thing about his bad 2017 season is that it won't cost a lot for the Orioles to retain him in 2018, and perhaps he will bounce back as he did in 2016.

o

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

But isn't getting "not much at all" better than not getting anything?  I'll take a lottery ticket or two for him.

o

Considering his overall track record since 2012, I don't believe so.

I'd rather take the relatively low-risk gamble of him bouncing back for a relatively cheap price in 2018.

o

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Let's see what his next start looks like. I never underestimate the stupidity of GMs at deadline.

o

Actually, that is a good point also.

My first inclination would be to keep him for the reasons that I stated, but if another GM(s) gets stupid and desperate, I wouldn't rule out a trade.

o

27 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

If Kershaw or Strasburg is out for any amount of time, how much would you give up for Tillman if you were their GM?

More likely, LA spends their top assets on a starter (Darvish, Gray, Verlander) who is better than Tillman, and DOESN'T pursue our relievers.

7 minutes ago, SteveA said:

More likely, LA spends their top assets on a starter (Darvish, Gray, Verlander) who is better than Tillman, and DOESN'T pursue our relievers.

More likely Kershaw just had some back spasms and a team in control of the division was just being cautious.

Archived