If We Buy...

DirtyBird

5 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

You have to include Tanner Scott on this list, teams are going to ask for him if the Orioles are buying.  

I thought about including him, but couldn't fit him into one of the groups.

Harvey was another one I considered and probably would have gone in Group A.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

We can't trade players that we just drafted. 

Oh, I didn't even realize that. Thanks.

Revised

Group A
Akin
Harvey
Scott
Wells

Group B
Hanifee 
Myers 
Sedlock
Peluffo 

Group C
Dietz 
Peralta 
Gonzalez 
Alvarado

4 minutes ago, NATTYBO's said:

If we buy....we are nuts

Just listened to Roch on 105.7. Really sounds like they want to buy and sell. They will move Britton for the right package and also try to add. Castillo they would move as well. 

Roch did not say this but if they do buy I think it will be a Joe Sanders type like 2012. Just my opinion. I just can't see them giving up anything of value. 

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Just listened to Roch on 105.7. Really sounds like they want to buy and sell. They will move Britton for the right package and also try to add. Castillo they would move as well. 

Roch did not say this but if they do buy I think it will be a Joe Sanders type like 2012. Just my opinion. I just can't see them giving up anything of value. 

That actually sounds fairly sensible.  

7 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

That actually sounds fairly sensible.  

If you think about it with where our minor league system is we aren't adding anywhere but a rotation piece. I guess it is possible if they deal some pen arms they could get one in return like CWS added Clippard. I think they try to take on an arm they get for next to nothing.  

2 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

It does.  You could also add Smith to the sell list if you get some decent return.

No question. Rickard and Kim for 60 games could work. I think Smith makes sense in DC, but who knows if we would deal with them. 

2 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

If we buy and have to give up young pitching prospects...

Pick 2 Untouchables and 2 Expendables from each group:

Group A
Akin
Hall
Sedlock
Wells

Group B
Hanifee 
Myers 
Lowther 
Peluffo 

Group C
Dietz 
Peralta 
Gonzalez 
Baumann
Bishop

Bolded for clarity. 

37 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Can teams still do what the Padres/Nats did with Turner, or does the new CBA call that out?

I think they actually made it easier.   The rule used to be that you couldn't trade a player until a full calendar year after he was drafted.   Now you need to wait only until the offseason after they're drafted.    

15 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

If we can get a starter that is a salary dump that we will have long term I'm for it but we shouldn't be giving up young talent for rentals

3 minutes ago, NATTYBO's said:

If we can get a starter that is a salary dump that we will have long term I'm for it but we shouldn't be giving up young talent for rentals

I agree 100%. That is why I think if they do anything it will be a bounce back chance of scenery type.

If they deal Britton to improve the system and then deal a prospect to add a pitcher that makes no sense. 

Archived