If We Buy...

DirtyBird

8 minutes ago, NATTYBO's said:

If we can get a starter that is a salary dump that we will have long term I'm for it but we shouldn't be giving up young talent for rentals

Depends on the prospect. If it is a guy that never helps a major league team, it is worth making the move.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Depends on the prospect. If it is a guy that never helps a major league team, it is worth making the move.

Most prospects never help an MLB team.  It's like your advertising budget, half of it is wasted. You just never know which half for certain. 

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

Just listened to Roch on 105.7. Really sounds like they want to buy and sell. They will move Britton for the right package and also try to add. Castillo they would move as well. 

Roch did not say this but if they do buy I think it will be a Joe Sanders type like 2012. Just my opinion. I just can't see them giving up anything of value. 

This is the idea I like too. Buy and sell. Trade Britton or Brach for prospects. Ideally they'd get a mlb ready starter back.

I'd see if you can swap seth smith or castillo for a middle relieve to take over givens job (think tommy hunter)

Then trade for Feldman or some other cheap starter

5 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

That's no fun - too many.

Wanted somebody to stick their neck out and say, "trade _______, he stinks"

I'll tell you what, had you asked me before the AS break, I would have moved Sisco if he could get a starter with 2018 control.  But if they truly think he'll stick at catcher, I wouldn't move him.

The O's are probably not going to want to trade pitching away at the deadline unless it to send Miley or Ubaldo somewhere has part of a trade.

The O's surplus is in outfielders.   

Majors: Jones, Mancini, Rickard, Kim, Trumbo with Smith being a free agent after the season.

Hays, Mullins, Yaz and Stewart all within call up distance of the  majors,

That is what I think the O's will trade.   One or more of Kim, Smith, 1st rounder Stewart and Yaz as the main players being  offered for a #4 starter like RA Dickey.

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

Just listened to Roch on 105.7. Really sounds like they want to buy and sell. They will move Britton for the right package and also try to add. Castillo they would move as well. 

Roch did not say this but if they do buy I think it will be a Joe Sanders type like 2012. Just my opinion. I just can't see them giving up anything of value. 

We'd be crazy to turn down a Chapman/Miller package for Britton.

We don't want Castro to exercise his $8 million player option for next year. 

I could see us getting a guy like Gonzo to replace Ubaldo. 

Archived