O's trade for Hellickson

OriolesMagic83

1 minute ago, backwardsk said:

Who comes off the roster?  Gia...I didn't learn to spell his name gets moved for Beckham.  Does Gentry get DFAd again?

Gentry is in the lineup tonight, due to Trumbo's sore back.  

So good question.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

Hellickson's career debut with the Orioles.

21 OUTS: ) 7 Flyouts, 6 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 3 Strikeouts, 2 Popouts, 2 Foulouts

JEREMROBERHELLCKSON )))))) (vs. ROYALS, 8/02) 

IP:llllll7

H:lllll  5 )) (1 Double, 4 Singles)

R:llllll 0

BB:lll 1 ) *

SO:lll 3

Pitches: )l  94 )(62 )Strikes, )32 )Balls)

2017 ERA: )l 0.00

2017 WHIP: )l 0.857 )  7.00 Innings  (6 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l) .200 )  5 for 25

* ) Hellickson also had 1 Hit Batsman

PITCHES BY INNING

13 ll(8llStrikes, ll 5 lllBalls)

11 lll(7llStrikes, ll 4 lllBalls)

16 lll(11 llStrikes, ll 5 llBalls)

91 lll(61 llStrikes, ll 3 llBalls)

14 lll(10 llStrikes, ll 4 llBalls)

18 lll(11 llStrikes, lll 7 llBalls)

13 lll(9llStrikes, lll 4 llBalls)

o

1 minute ago, Rojo13 said:

GREAT start.

I haven't read this whole thread. How much did Hellickson cost us? What's the salary difference between him and Kim and how much of that did the Phillies eat?

It's a wash financially. The Phillies paid enough of his salary to make it even.

Just now, Rojo13 said:

GREAT start.

I haven't read this whole thread. How much did Hellickson cost us? What's the salary difference between him and Kim and how much of that did the Phillies eat?

I sounds like the Phillies paid enough to make the salaries offset.  So basically, no change in money, just Kim, Cleavinger, and International Slot(s) for Hellickson.

1 minute ago, phillyOs119 said:

I sounds like the Phillies paid enough to make the salaries offset.  So basically, no change in money, just Kim, Cleavinger, and International Slot(s) for Hellickson.

How can that possibly be? Amazing. I had read that on here when it first came out but assumed it was wrong.  I figured it was at least going to cost us $3-4 million. Has a news source actually written that?

I wonder what the Phillies were thinking when they offered him a qualifying offer. I guess it's like us when we offered one to Wieters.

1 minute ago, Rojo13 said:

How can that possibly be? Amazing. I had read that on here when it first came out but assumed it was wrong.  I figured it was at least going to cost us $3-4 million. Has a news source actually written that?

I wonder what the Phillies were thinking when they offered him a qualifying offer. I guess it's like us when we offered one to Wieters.

He was coming off the best season of his career and proceeded to thus far have the worst season of his career.

2 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I wonder if DD did this as a FA audition for this offseason. Can he pitch in the AL East ballparks?

We have to find three starters for next year.  I believed from the jump this was about saving Bundy/Tillman some innings in 2017and getting a look at Hellickson for next season.  I think DD has always like him and, again, they need to find starters.  I'd all be guarantee at least one of Tillman/Hellickson/Miley is an Oriole next year.

Don't expect Hellickson to throw many more games like this. 

I think we'll be happy with him overall though.  The bar is not high.  Not high at all.  If he manages to pitch to a sub-5 ERA the rest of the way and eat some innings that would be a huge win for this rotation. 

Archived