Potential Britton to Indians trade

Tony-OH

It sounds like the Indians may be trying to make a final push for Zach Britton. I took a look at their system and if i'm the Orioles, I'm looking for RHP Triston McKenzie, OF/#b Yandy Diaz and SS Willi Castro. If I can get that package I'd give up Britton.

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It sounds like the Indians may be trying to make a final push for Zach Britton. I took a look at their system and if i'm the Orioles, I'm looking for RHP Triston McKenzie, OF/#b Yandy Diaz and SS Willi Castro. If I can get that package I'd give up Britton.

I wouldn't mind that deal at all Tony. Would prefer an Astros deal. But maybe Indians prospects are better than what the Stros would give up.

31 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

What about the Indians also throwing in a "player to be named later" and having it be Santander? Would that be possible if the Orioles and him back after this season of evaluating him?

That's a really good idea honestly.

28 minutes ago, Finisher said:

Houston close to a Britton trade.

Per rotoworld

"A team executive told FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal that the Astros are close to acquiring Zach Britton from the Orioles.

And another source confirmed to Rosenthal that talks between the two clubs have grown "serious," though the Dodgers are also still involved here too. Britton, 29, owns a dominant 1.54 ERA over his last 228 innings dating back to the beginning of the 2014 season, though he's struggled with injuries and a bit of ineffectiveness this year. The late-inning lefty is under contract through 2018 via salary arbitration."

33 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

What about the Indians also throwing in a "player to be named later" and having it be Santander? Would that be possible if the Orioles and him back after this season of evaluating him?

If I understand Rule 5 correctly, this would be possible, but only if Santander clears waivers.  Any other team could claim him and assume the Rule 5 restrictions as I understand it.  I think that there is a very real chance of a team claiming him since he'll probably only need to be retained on the 25 man about 30-45 days next year to hit the 90 day requirement.  Especially if he keeps hitting the way he has started out at Bowie.

Archived