Pre game data study

MntneerLegion

Howdy folks.  Don't post much but since we're in a rain delay and the search feature didn't help (probably due to my inability to search properly), I thought I'd ask this.  I believe the pitchers and catchers review the opposing hitters tendencies prior to a game, but do the hitters get a similar report detailing how the opposing starter has pitched them in the past?  If so, how detailed are they, what kind of info is included in the reports?  Thanks in advance

27 minutes ago, MntneerLegion said:

Howdy folks.  Don't post much but since we're in a rain delay and the search feature didn't help (probably due to my inability to search properly), I thought I'd ask this.  I believe the pitchers and catchers review the opposing hitters tendencies prior to a game, but do the hitters get a similar report detailing how the opposing starter has pitched them in the past?  If so, how detailed are they, what kind of info is included in the reports?  Thanks in advance

Yes, quite detailed.  How carefully a player studies and takes that information to heart varies from player to player.

Yes all teams now use a software called BATS. BATS is a software that logs video clips with chart data during a game. For example, Jones could go in to the video room and say "I want to see all of my 0-2 counts against the Red Sox's this year. I want to see how they are pitching me". 

Its a powerful software teams use. Minors and majors have it. 

Archived