Our Pitching Castoffs

rubberarm21

4 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I think the biggest problem is a zealous devotion to one approach for all pitchers (fastball location, TTP).  It just doesn't work that way.

I don't care what offspeed pitches you have you can't win unless you command a fastball. We can talk about mixing pitches all we want.  It starts with that, that is all I think they are trying to accomplish. It is like teaching the basics of anything. 

1 hour ago, Ruzious said:

Miranda's been the best of the castoffs, imo.  He's got the best WHIP, the most innings, a reasonable ERA.  And he's a lefty.  I remember whining that the O's should put him in the rotation.  

I think he would let up 50 homers at our park. He sucks outside of Safeco. 

35 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I don't care what offspeed pitches you have you can't win unless you command a fastball. We can talk about mixing pitches all we want.  It starts with that, that is all I think they are trying to accomplish. It is like teaching the basics of anything. 

The probl3m is they take away the fastballs these guys know how to throw with command.  They are teaching fastball control in AA and AAA.  It's not one guy saying "they took away my best pitch," or "they tried to get me to alter my mechanics in a way I wasn't comfortable with," it's multiple pitchers who have gone elsewhere and said my current organization told me to do what was comfortable and now I am succeeding.  Empirical evidence is very much against the Orioles on this one.

49 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I think he would let up 50 homers at our park. He sucks outside of Safeco. 

Is it a ballpark issue or a "home cooking" issue?  He also just gives up more hits and more fly balls on the road suggesting that he just struggle on the road.

He has a WHIP below 1.00 at home.  Wow.

16 hours ago, Finisher said:

Hernandez actually has a 2.23 ERA.

Hader with a 0.90 ERA. That is the one that stings.

And you can do this with every team in baseball.

David has been available to resign at least four times. Neshak three. 

44 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Fair enough - you are correct sir.

42 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Is it a ballpark issue or a "home cooking" issue?  He also just gives up more hits and more fly balls on the road suggesting that he just struggle on the road.

He has a WHIP below 1.00 at home.  Wow.

Please don't think I think Miley is any good. If Miley had command he has better stuff than some people, but he doesn't. 

Archived